PDA

View Full Version : Lowryder grow

heartsurgerysurviver
01-14-2005, 02:12 AM
This will be an ongoing report on lowryder. The seeds were given to me by notanovice, thank you so much nota. I will be growing these for seeds as well as bud.

I put 10 seeds in a cup of water for 2 days. I transferred the seeds to a soil mixture for sprouting. 6 seeds sprouted within a few days. I transferred the 6 seedlings into rock wool cubes [ cubes were soaked in PH balanced water for 24 hours and then flushed with fresh water before use] and put them in an aeroponic cloner [ PH 6.0, ppm 600, under 160 watts of floros and a 150 watt grow light] for a week.
I then transferred 4 of them to an ebb and flo set up [ PH 5.8, ppm 1600, under 400 watt hps and 400 watt mh] . Temp in the grow 60-85 degrees F. Exhaust fan runs when the lights are on and 2 small fans constantly blow on the plants. The water cycle is every 2 hours when the lights are on and every 4 hours when the lights are off. The on cycle is set for 15 minutes. I run 2 air stones in the res. tank continually. Nutrients are Power Grow and Liquid Karma for growth and Power Bloom, Liquid Karma, and Epsom salts for flowering. The light cycle will remain a constant 18/6.
The remaining 2 plants are still in the cloner waiting for the roots to penetrate the netting before transfer.

These plants are auto flowering , my first try at that type, and should be finished in about 8 weeks. Iā??ll post up dates as they progress. These pics were taken on jan 13 the day I put them in the ebb and flo. The largest plant is 6 inches tall.

The Student
01-14-2005, 06:10 AM
Hello,

Awesome, I look forward to your grow.

Heres to Lowryder buds and beans.

Peace

kingcanabis
01-14-2005, 09:16 AM
good start keep us posted. the king.....

notanovice
01-14-2005, 11:29 AM
:D Fine job there heart. i commend you on your growing talents.
:D :D I feel like a proud papa.

MattakaSqueaks
01-18-2005, 11:25 AM
Make sure you keep us posted with pics. Im very well interested i this strain.

heartsurgerysurviver
01-24-2005, 11:40 PM
these pics were taken at 10 days in the ebb and flo.
they are showing their sex already [3 girls and 2 boys]
the females are the larger with the biggest at 8 inches
the first 2 pics are of the biggest females
the 3rd pic is of the biggest male
the last pic is of a bud of c-99
peace
heart

notanovice
01-25-2005, 12:44 AM
they sure look good :D

The Student
01-25-2005, 07:04 AM
Hello,

Heart - Great update. The LR's are looking nice. Looks like you got the taller phenotype. A couple of the ladies that I had expressed a much smaller (around 7") stature.

Are you going to be seeding your ladies, or are you going to wack the males?

Take care

Peace

heartsurgerysurviver
01-25-2005, 11:37 AM
Hi student
I am going to seed these ladies. I am also going to do a little crossing. i have some c99 that i'm going to try to cross the lows with. This is my first time growing lowryder so i'll be needing seeds for future crops. thanks for the interest.
peace
heart

adh endo
01-26-2005, 01:38 AM
what is lowryder?

are they just short stumpy strains?

The Student
02-07-2005, 04:03 PM
Hello,

Heart - any updates on your grow?

Talk to you later.

Peace

thechronic
02-08-2005, 03:07 AM
hey man as soon as i get your seeds i will hook you up on how they are doing umm ill try to get a d/c but i hope yalls growing gose well
-thechronic

heartsurgerysurviver
02-09-2005, 12:53 PM
sorry i've been busy this last week. i'll try to post some new pics later today. the lowryders are doing great. buds are starting to get bigger.
thanks for asking
peace
heart

heartsurgerysurviver
02-09-2005, 03:39 PM
these pics are at 25 days.
they are starting to fill out nicely.
the males are taller than the ladies, largest male is 9 inches
the last pic is of a plant that's almost done

thechronic
02-09-2005, 11:40 PM
man im going to grow out doors with the low riders will they start to bud like that when a 24-25 days or what are you doing?

heartsurgerysurviver
02-10-2005, 01:11 AM
The lowryders are auto-flowering. these showed their sex at less than 2 weeks. they flower no matter what the light cycle is. they are a great plant, low in height, perfect for hiding outdoors and they finish in 8-10 weeks [from seed]
the only drawback i can see is they are uncloneable so a seed crop is necessary for continued growing of lowryders.
peace
heart

Jonny5
02-10-2005, 05:42 PM
hey,

good job, ive recently started my first grow being joint doctors lowryder, im growing 10 in 2 NFT hydros under a 400w hps in my loft, alls goin well, just sprouted and looking forward to sexing them. could you tell me, i understood that you should seperate the males/females, but noticed you hadnt, will that effect the bud growth?

ease JT

The Student
02-10-2005, 06:39 PM
Hello,

Jonny5 - Heart left the males because he is going to use this grow for seed production. Allowing the males to polenate the females.

Please keep us updated on your grow. I am very excited how this strain can produce in hydro setups.

There was a grower on OG that grew out a 98 gram lowryder in hydro. I do not know if he was able to consistently do so though.

Welcome to the boards. I hope to get to know you.

I have a LR thread going on in the seeds forum. Please feel free to jump in and join the soon to be growing ranks of LR growers.

Take care

Peace

Jonny5
02-10-2005, 09:38 PM
Student- 98 grams, hmm intesresting, just got my digital camera back up and running, ill try to get some ongoing pics up here for you, when i get the time, not that id expect to get a turnout anywhere near that from one. another question, ive got sensi veg and sensi bloom nutrients, was a little stumped in which to use when the time comes? would it benifit them to use a bit of both?

The Student
02-10-2005, 09:51 PM
Hello,

I would only use the bloom ferts. I would also suggest only using light amounts of nutes.

Take care.

Peace

Jonny5
02-10-2005, 09:58 PM
cool, my suspitions were correct, thanks

heartsurgerysurviver
02-11-2005, 02:10 AM
Hi student and jon
thanks for your interest in my lowryder grow.
I did a little toying with the lows reciently, i raised the ppm to 1900 and lowered the ph to 5.5. The tallest and fatest female, the one I pollinated, shows the most growth [don't know if it was because it now will be growing seeds] but it has really taken off since I adjusted the ppm's and ph. i plan on keeping the ph at 5.5 for about 10 days, then drain the res and refill with 6.0 ph water. I read on sharprubberduck.com about how plants take up varied amounts of nutes at different ph's, so i'm purposely changing the ph throughout it's life. from 6.0/10 days to 5.8/ 10 days to 5.5/ 10+ days then back up to 5.8/10 and 6.0/10. measuring the growth thru these cycles. I hope to gain size by doing this and so far it seems to be working well. I was also thinking of raising the ppm's to 2100 but that might be pushing it so i'll stay at 1900 for now. i'll post some pics on saturday of the largest one with it's last pic to compair it.
peace
heart

The Student
02-11-2005, 06:00 AM
Hello,

Heart - I can't wait to see the pics.

You are working on an interesting idea with the pH and ppm. I try to keep my pH at 5.6 at all times, because that is what Advanced Nutrients suggests. It will be nice to see if their are benefitial results to allowing it to fluctuate.

I am amazed that LR can handle 1900 ppm. When the Joint Doctor first released LR he was saying over at OG that LR did not take nutes well at all. Since then he has come out to say that he uses Advanced Nutrients 2 part grow and bloom plus Dr. Hornby's Big Bud. I do not know what ppm he uses though.

This is going to be cool to see.

Take care

Peace

notanovice
02-11-2005, 12:51 PM
you are doing such a fine job. i also am reading up about nute uptake and ph
ppm. thanx for the website
hopefully things will be very prosperous using these methods
see ya soon
and by the way
dont smoke any snake poison :D :D

thechronic
02-11-2005, 02:01 PM
hey was up umm i was wourding if you were shiping those seeds student. i have to get the mail before my older sister dose or im done with. also i wanted a few qs asked. first one is do LR grow good or bigger out side?
do they like humided places? and when you throw them in the dirt will they grow whit out being artificial germinated=done by hand. also do they like woods? i live in florida in the NW so im hoping they will shower full of bus so i can have a wonderful summer. and one more thing do they like to get mist sprayed on them? and what furtlizer should i use. should i wait till it starts to bud. i have miracle grow all purpose plant food. or schultz multicote time release 17-17-17 outdoor garden plant food? well thanks for your time
-Thechronic

The Student
02-11-2005, 03:32 PM
Hello,

Chronic - for questions concerning the LR giveaway, please keep them in the designated thread. I do not want to hi-jack Hearts thread. If you are not old enough to be receiving the seeds I need to know. I have no intentions of putting myself and my security at risk.

Take care

Peace

thechronic
02-11-2005, 09:21 PM
i want to see some pics of your plants man. try to get some this week end.

Sensi Super Skunk
02-11-2005, 11:23 PM
Hi student
I am going to seed these ladies. I am also going to do a little crossing. i have some c99 that i'm going to try to cross the lows with. This is my first time growing lowryder so i'll be needing seeds for future crops. thanks for the interest.
peace
heart
What alot of people don't know, is that when they themselves try to breed, that they'll produce seeds with unstabilized growing traits. You're gonna have to do alot of backcrossing with the mother plant. To do this, you keep the best mother from your lowryder or c99, which ever one you like best. Take multiple clones from your mother plant. Use the mother plant to breed with another male of the same strain. Now, this may sound complicated but really it isn't. All the seeds that you will have now will be very unstable, probably lower than a F2 generation (meaning they will all differ from each other in maturation time, odor, or the quality of the high). Pick the best male from your seeds with the best mentioned qualities mentioned above, and breed it with another cloned mother plant, eliminating the weaker plants. Do this for about at least five generations (five times). This, limits the gene or genetic pool, and makes your plants stable. Damn, it takes alot of work making quality seeds.

heartsurgerysurviver
02-12-2005, 04:31 AM
The crossing I am trying is a c99 male with the smallest lowryder female. I plant to germ 25% of those seeds, taking the best female and pollinating that with the same male c99 pollen. I realise that breading different strains to produce a stable new one is a multiple year project, but i have pleanty of time and space to have a little fun LOL. I have heard and read of alot of lowryder crosses and always wanted to give it a try.

I'll post some compairsion pics of the biggest low female sometime saturday.

The lows seem to be really taking off with the high nutes [1900 ppm ] and fluctuating PH. Although i've never grown them before so i have nothing to go on.

Nota , i'll take your advice on not smoking the snake poison
LMFAO
You don't know anyone who'd do that? do you? LOL
peace
heart

Sensi Super Skunk
02-12-2005, 05:50 PM
I hope you have a lot of room, man. Also, make sure you keep it a secret BIG TIME, because the penalties are a mofo.

Smokey de Pot
02-12-2005, 06:14 PM
Lowryder grow, The buds look SWEET :cool: Is this a new type of strian :confused: or has it been out for a min. What type of yeild do they produce and even better what kind of high to they provide :rolleyes: LOOKS great heart, keep up the good work

Sensi Super Skunk
02-12-2005, 06:24 PM
Here's a link:

http://www.emeryseeds.com/search.cgi

robert42
02-13-2005, 01:35 PM
well done heart :D they look beautifull good luck and let us kno how they get on.

toke on :D

king1033
02-18-2005, 03:42 AM
heart - those ladies are looking pretty good i was also curious how much is the yeild off your c99 plants? also how long do you usually veg them and flower them? and good luck with the rest of your grow

hey student whats up man i gotta question for ya if using bloom nutes how many more g's can you exspect from a normal LR grow. which are the best bloom nutes to do so also? that might be a tricky question cause everyone has their favorites so let me rephrase that what bloom nutes would you suggest to do so for such a little plant?

heartsurgerysurviver
02-19-2005, 03:28 AM
Thanks for all the nice replys.
The C-99 yield on the last plant was 244 grams.
i veged for 4 weeks then flowered. it was a bad batch of seeds. 9 out of 10 popped ,2 males and 7 females but 5 turned hermie, the most unusual i've ever seen. they all had nice bud development then at 5 weeks into flowering the 5 developed male flowers too , on every bud site. the last 2 stayed female. and yield was good on both, as was the overall effect of the finished product. I did clone some but ditched them after the hermie problem i've decided to switch strains and seed companys.
peace
heart

lowryder pic update will be in tomorrow

Jonny5
02-20-2005, 12:25 AM
hey,

said id put some images up on here of my lowryder grow , not 2 impressive as yet but hoping for some result, so here they are:

o and some random pics of me snakey looking after me stash :) , and one of me stupid degu's!?

keep up the good work guys,

easy JT

heartsurgerysurviver
03-15-2005, 01:10 AM
here's a pic of the biggest female taken on march 10th. since then , i picked the smallest of the 3 and dryed it, it's yield is 6.5 grams and had a nice amount of seeds in it. I put those seeds to germ and will be picking the other 2 shortly. The smoke is tasty, and it does the trick. it has nice color and a great smell to the finished product even though it isn't cured. It's a perfect plant for growers who have height limits to contend with. it would seem to be a steathly plant for outdoors with its small size and quick finish. The odor from growing was minimal even in flowering.
ratings scale of 1-10
growth ease 9
smoke 5-6
yield 2-3
overall a nice plant to grow well worth the space and time

The Student
03-15-2005, 04:43 AM
Hello,

Heart - Your lady looks lovely. Nice grow. What was the final weight on her? How many days did you let her go? I pulled my LR's at 60 days.

I thought that you had to let seeds dry out for X amount of time and then plant them. I was told that they will not grow when fresh. I have never tried though so I do not know.

Nice update

Take care

Peace

Jonny5
03-18-2005, 06:40 PM
yea nice one, did you get just the one bud site?

heres a pic of one of my girls @ 4 1/2 weeks

but shes got a little bit of ntrient burn on the tip of one of the colas where i pushed her a little 2 far, any1 suggest anything i could do about it?

cheers

heartsurgerysurviver
03-21-2005, 02:14 AM
The smallest low was 6.5 grams dryed weight
the largest was 11 grams.
I picked the smallest at 60 days and the largest at 68 days
After the first plant was dryed, [about a week], I took a few seeds and germed them, they are about 3 inches tall.
The seeds had no trouble germing,
The one thing i love about this strain is the taste, i've tried many different types through the years , and i have to say this [lowryder] is number 1 in my book.
the buzz , from a plant with seeds, was a 6 out of 10, not bad for an every day med user.
I ended up with about 50 seeds, so every other grow i'll take the best female and pollinate her, for a never ending supply.
I have 3 lows in an aeroponic set up, they are growing faster in that than my ebb and flo.
For a plant thats done from seed to smokable in 60 days it will always be in my grow.
peace
heart

bonker7
04-07-2005, 01:34 AM
nice going dude.stay slippery