PDA

View Full Version : DAMN IT!!!!!

TOOL9
07-22-2007, 10:49 PM
After playing my 360 earlier today, i come back from lunch and try to turn it on and i get the dreaded three rings of red light. I just pray that it will fix itself like it did when i first got it so that i dont have to get a new one and lose all of my progress on all of my games.:mad:

slipknotpsycho
07-22-2007, 10:51 PM
that is the downside to not having memory cards anymore.... i hadn't thought about that but yeah.... if for some reason your system fucks up... you lose all games progress....

but meh... stilll beats having to switch out memory cards depending on what game you're playing..

good luck with your system :p

4gan2ja0
07-22-2007, 10:59 PM
shit man, i had never thought of that, that sucks

Melkane
07-22-2007, 11:21 PM
Actually if you replace it you should be able to switch Harddrives out.

Though with 3 red lights you should just call Microsoft, they are giving free repairs on all 360s with 3 red lights and they are extending warranties on that issue for 3 years.

Instead of buying another 360 that could suffer the same problem (Microsoft has admitted all 360s made up till now have the problem that can cause the red lights, you can get your current one fixed and have it better than buying another one or having it replaced.

If for some reason Microsoft gives you a hassle about it there is a guide online on how to fix the 3 red light problem yourself. Though if you do you void any warranties.

StrangeStrain024
07-22-2007, 11:30 PM
thats why i stick to playing games with the tv off :thumbsup:

TOOL9
07-23-2007, 03:36 AM
Actually if you replace it you should be able to switch Harddrives out.

Though with 3 red lights you should just call Microsoft, they are giving free repairs on all 360s with 3 red lights and they are extending warranties on that issue for 3 years.

Instead of buying another 360 that could suffer the same problem (Microsoft has admitted all 360s made up till now have the problem that can cause the red lights, you can get your current one fixed and have it better than buying another one or having it replaced.

If for some reason Microsoft gives you a hassle about it there is a guide online on how to fix the 3 red light problem yourself. Though if you do you void any warranties.

Well... i have a warranty with best buy and was planning on swapping 360s and possibly keeping my hardrive... but do you think that sending it to microsoft would be better?

slipknotpsycho
07-23-2007, 03:48 AM
can you be patient? if so i'd definately call and see if you send in your xbox if they can transfer the harddrive for you so you won't lose your data...

if they can't or you can't be patient... don't waste time sitting around, just go replace it... sooner you get it replaced sooner you can get back all your work...

Melkane
07-23-2007, 03:57 AM
If you replace it at Best Buy you take the chance of that 360 doing the exact same thing. The breakdown ration of 360s is upwards or a crazy 30% of all machines made up till this point, including elites.

The ones in stock at best buy are sure to be the troublesome models.

If you are patient and can wait it's better to send it in to MS. They will take your existing 360 and fix the problem within it. Making it better than the ones in the store at the moment.

I suggest calling Microsoft as soon as you can and at least talk to them. They can tell you if you qualify for free service and let you know about your HDD. I'm pretty sure MS doesn't erase your HDD or anything. Most likely they will run you through some troubleshooting steps at first to see if it corrects the problem at home (like removing the HDD for a moment) if those don't work and it's still not working they will most likely qualify you for free repair.

I bought a warranty on my 360 as well from EB games but I've already decided it will be more worth the effort and time to get it fixed properly if mine breaks down than have to take the chance on another one. I did that with the PS2 and my replacement PS2s broke down as well (2 replacements)

Save your Best Buy warranty for any problems you may get that aren't freely repaired by Microsoft.