PDA

View Full Version : Seedling lighting?! growers only..

TokinSurfer
07-19-2007, 06:30 AM
Need some help from the older growers... my mull plant, being winter is coppin a couple of storms and i need to keep it inside because my last plant died from the wind.. So what watt and like of light should i buy to just keep in growing until it reaches around 3 - 4 sets of leaves? cheap and effective..

AussieGWRER
07-19-2007, 06:45 AM
Hey Tokin Surfer :hippy:
clf's(Compact Flurosents) work well and are reasonabley cheap and are widely avaiable but you mose well check around for cheapest price n highest actuall wattage.:thumbsup:
But Deffently no halegons(excuse spelling)
Im no Indoor grower tho
Cant wait till its time to start em outdoors, i wanna get a couple of monsters this year if i can, but lack a spot, time to hit up goverment owned land :thumbsup:

SDK SLAYER
07-19-2007, 08:10 AM
Ya....CFL's or flouro's ....grow tubes cost $8 for 24" (60cm)....a pair of 36w fl's is plenty to keep plants alive & growing.Try yer local hydro store for both types of lights. Bunnings may also have the big-ass CFL's as well. good luck & grow hard dude :greenthumb:

Peace

Slayer

...gas...
07-20-2007, 12:02 PM
bunning s is the go m8 nice n cheap , :thumbsup:

The Pot Revolution
07-20-2007, 11:19 PM
Get a twin tube ( double batten ) flouro light setup with a lead already attached from local hardware , 2 or 4 ft long depending on your wanting.
Use a Grow tube on one side and a warm white tube on the other side , this will give you both necessary spectrums
All you need to keep it alive tho it wont bud very well , I use this light to keep my mother plants growing only

TokinSurfer
07-21-2007, 07:31 AM
nows that gettin too complex because my cupboard is only a metre high, well i went to bunnings and got the only light that would plug into a power socket (im only trying to keep it alive till the weather passin, nothing serious it is a bush plant) and it was a flood halogen light ahhaha i know there pretty poor to grow with but its 150 halogen bulb which by the looks of it can be changed.. i did look for the compact fluresents but i need one that will plug into a socket... well what i got is a flood light which has a 150 halogen bulb.... what should i do?? keep that or buy a new bulb for it... this isnt serious just for a week or until my parents find im goin lil hydro plant lol

keeko
07-21-2007, 07:43 AM
if its just for week i would keep it outside. no use in stressing the plant even more then the rainy weather

TokinSurfer
07-21-2007, 08:22 AM
Hey Tokin Surfer :hippy:
clf's(Compact Flurosents) work well and are reasonabley cheap and are widely avaiable but you mose well check around for cheapest price n highest actuall wattage.:thumbsup:
But Deffently no halegons(excuse spelling)
Im no Indoor grower tho
Cant wait till its time to start em outdoors, i wanna get a couple of monsters this year if i can, but lack a spot, time to hit up goverment owned land :thumbsup:

ahahh oh
shit you said no hallogens, when the guy said the only one that will plug into a socket is a halogen and is that alright,, i just remmeber the word halogen so i got it.. lol.. it was only six bucks but you can changed the halogen into a different globe but the globe in only about 3 inches long... anyone rekon you could change that for a compact or non fluresent..

The Pot Revolution
07-21-2007, 11:24 PM
All the halogen bulb will do is keep it warm , anyway dude its winter wrong time of year to be starting an outdoor crop if your plant is only under 3-4 sets of leaves it wont get much bigger til it warms up or as keeko said just leave it outside , pot is a weed and a hardy one ....
Best time to start a crop in mid aussie is in oct - nov - dec , let em power thru summer and then heads up in march ( nsw )
I have some very easy to read grow tips on my site feel free to join up and check it

TokinSurfer
07-22-2007, 08:59 AM
nah i kno its not season but i wanna lil one before october... oh and its not hard in 40 knot winds.. ahhaha four died....

smoke_and_fly
08-26-2007, 11:17 AM
buy a lava lamp n pull the top bit out exposing the bulb and hang it upside down
thats how i sprout mine and keep em alive untill veg