PDA

View Full Version : anyone think this will work?

altwnyguy73
01-11-2005, 07:45 PM
I was just wondering... I have heard of training plants, ie tying them down. Picture this... to grow an indoor plant in a long planter without topping the plant... just continue tying the plant along the soil or a few inches above it... using u shaped pipe cleaners or wire or something... you could use tube floros and since the dont get hot you could max light potental at every flowering sight by putting the light almost on top of it.....it also would open a ton of places to sneak in a plant where most would never think to look....anyway what do yall think o this one? let me know!
:D

shaddr3
01-12-2005, 03:44 AM
I was just wondering... I have heard of training plants, ie tying them down. Picture this... to grow an <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=5&k=indoor%20plant" onmouseover="window.status='indoor plant'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">indoor plant</a> in a long planter without topping the plant... just continue tying the plant along the soil or a few inches above it... using u shaped pipe cleaners or wire or something... you could use tube floros and since the dont get hot you could max light potental at every flowering sight by putting the light almost on top of it.....it also would open a ton of places to sneak in a plant where most would never think to look....anyway what do yall think o this one? let me know!
:D
I dont think it will work as well as you think. Its not like its ivy or something, but it has been proven to be beneficial.

altwnyguy73
01-12-2005, 04:07 AM
k thanks...I know some people tye em down outside to hide em....just stonin and thinkin....appreciate the input...this would just be a pet project...something to screw with and all that...peace

heartsurgerysurviver
01-12-2005, 02:11 PM
I've tied, bent over, trimmed and made my plants grow to get the maximum light exposure to the buds. If its done carefully, the plants will respond just how you want them too. I use a 4x4 inch plastic netting and hemp twine to to arrange the branches.
happy growing
peace
heart

altwnyguy73
01-12-2005, 07:38 PM
thx for the netting tip....I've been using twist tyes and string....pipe cleaners bent in a u also work in some cases....take it easy everyone!