PDA

View Full Version : Historically Confirmed

onequestion
07-09-2007, 12:24 AM
I know these exist but i cant think of them off the top of my head. What are some pieces of history regarded as conspiracy theories at the time when they were relavent but have now been promoted by historians to the status of truth rather than conspiracy. I know they are out there but i'm too lazy to research it right now LOL.

jdmarcus59
07-09-2007, 12:27 AM
uhhh........what?

onequestion
07-09-2007, 12:34 AM
Like when Hitler blew up his own parliament to gain power and wipe the constitution. At the time it was considered silly conspiracy junk but today it is regarded by historians and everyone else as fact. Are there any more of those?

MFer
07-09-2007, 01:04 AM
Does the Fifth of November count? (For England)

sam44
07-09-2007, 01:22 AM
that the world is round

onequestion
07-09-2007, 01:57 AM
Is fith of november the thing from v for vendetta with Guy Fawkes? I dont know much about that.

LOL, the world is round. Yeah, thats one of the big ones. But im talking about historical not scientific.

onequestion
07-09-2007, 01:59 AM
Just looked at the Guy Fawkes wikipedia entry and yeah, i guess fifth of november counts.

Gandalf_The_Grey
07-09-2007, 02:00 AM
I'd say the world being round debate is both historically and scientifically significant. Life must have been more exciting when you thought the world went on forever, infinite new lands to be discovered with infinite possibilities... if you just look far enough.

onequestion
07-09-2007, 02:06 AM
But the point of this is basically to parallel todays 9/11 conspiracy believers that are considered loonies today with those of the past who were considered loonies but were eventually proven right. Hitler burning down his Parliament seems like a 100% perfect parallel to what is going on today.

S.W.I.M. 504
07-09-2007, 02:42 AM
this thread is sweet, im gonna get my tin foil hat and read up on some of this .

ghosty
07-09-2007, 02:56 AM
onequestion... look into the book The Medusa File i forget who it's by right now but it has declassified information dating from all the way back to ww2 into the cold war related to covered up war crimes, illegal cia operations, etc and moves progressivey forward in history

onequestion
07-09-2007, 03:17 AM
thanks ghsty, i'll check it out. I hope everybody gets the point of this thread. The point is that conspiracies do exist and have been confirmed over over again by history. If you want to know whats happening to america today look no further than the demise of rome and Germanies descet into fascism. We are doomed to a german path that stops right before world war two and has a roman ending. A great movie to check out on this is zeitgeist. Zeitgeist - The Movie, 2007 (http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/) I think i'll start a new thread for that movie.

graph
07-09-2007, 03:32 AM
Hiroo Onoda - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroo_Onoda)

Not much of a conspiracy theory, but it was a Japanese urban legend before they actually found the guy.

PharmaCan
07-09-2007, 04:05 AM
The Gulf of Tonkin incident (http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=2261)

PC :smokin:

onequestion
07-09-2007, 05:28 PM
I'm pretty sure that Gulf of Tonkin was a fraud but is that the generally accepted truth?

PharmaCan
07-10-2007, 04:58 PM
I'm pretty sure that Gulf of Tonkin was a fraud but is that the generally accepted truth?

Yeah, pretty much. Every now and then you'll hear a main-stream commentator like Wolf Blitzer mention the incident in relation to some current event they are analyzing. That's about as generally accepted as you can get. :D

PC :smokin:

YouAintKnow
07-14-2007, 11:21 PM
Remember, Remember the 5th of November.

tha del sound
07-16-2007, 07:35 PM
i'm watching the beginning of that zeit geist thing, and the intro is gnarly.

tha del sound
07-16-2007, 07:35 PM
i like how the drums go with the guns.

Jouryokujin
08-20-2007, 01:28 AM
Nationwide warrantless wiretapping done by the CIA in the 60s/70s (confirmed by the family jewels)

A certain hallucinogen being 'experimented' with via the CIA administering massive doses to unwitting citizens. in one case, a man fell to his death from a window while alone in his hotel room...Nobody was sure why, considering the autopsy showed no traces of drugs or alcohol (this hallucinogen wasn't, and still isn't normally tested for), until the family jewels were released.

Jouryokujin
08-20-2007, 01:29 AM
Oh, and several plots to kill Castro (one of which involved the mob). Also confirmed by the family jewels.

jaGerbom
08-20-2007, 06:44 PM
Nationwide warrantless wiretapping done by the CIA in the 60s/70s (confirmed by the family jewels)

A certain hallucinogen being 'experimented' with via the CIA administering massive doses to unwitting citizens. in one case, a man fell to his death from a window while alone in his hotel room...Nobody was sure why, considering the autopsy showed no traces of drugs or alcohol (this hallucinogen wasn't, and still isn't normally tested for), until the testicles were released.

fixed.

Jouryokujin
08-20-2007, 08:25 PM
fixed.

...what?

jaGerbom
08-21-2007, 03:12 AM
Look at the bolded word. Then look at his original post. Family jewels is now testicles. It had to happen.

mfqr
08-22-2007, 12:18 PM
that the world is round

That isn't a conspiracy though... that was just a general belief. Aka: science sucked back then

Jouryokujin, what drug was that? It wasn't LSD, was it? I would assume that is the obvious answer, but maybe not?

Jouryokujin
08-22-2007, 03:49 PM
Jouryokujin, what drug was that? It wasn't LSD, was it? I would assume that is the obvious answer, but maybe not?

Yup. Just didn't want to mention another substance on the forum. We knew they experimented with that, but we weren't sure it led to the accidental death of subjects, showing the CIA's irresponsibility.

This wasn't ever much of a conspiracy, but its interesting: In 1942, THC acetate was the US's first choice when it came to truth serum.