PDA

View Full Version : How can I uninstal this game fully?

Gandalf_The_Grey
07-08-2007, 05:08 PM
So a while back my friend installed his game on my computer "Battlefield2142". It's a live-combat game, so everytime I turn on my computer this screen pops up saying it's connected to the server, and I have to wait about a minute for it to finish. Since I never play the game and want a quicker startup, I uninstalled the game. Apparently though, I didn't uninstall all the components because that connection screen still pops up every time. I can't reinstal the game because I lost the product # code, so I don't know how how to uninstal this damn screen since I see no option in my "ad/remove programs". Does anybody know how to get this out?

slipknotpsycho
07-08-2007, 06:03 PM
go to harddrive > program files and find the folder(s) associated with the game and just delete them... it's probably going to be titled EAGames or something like that...

after that download CCleaner, and go to Scan for Issues (or you can get Regseeker or any registery cleaner will work) and clean out all the unused entries...

Raelum
07-09-2007, 02:03 AM
EA games uses another program called like EA Link, find that and uninstall that as well... or you can select "Run" type in "msconfig" and under startup items, uncheck it and anything else you dont want to load on startup.

~Raelum

slipknotpsycho
07-09-2007, 03:48 AM
EA games uses another program called like EA Link, find that and uninstall that as well... or you can select "Run" type in "msconfig" and under startup items, uncheck it and anything else you dont want to load on startup.

~Raelum

they don't put ea link in everything... besides as far as i know you have to download ea link yourself... and all it's for is to buy games offline straight to your harddrive.

JeKo
07-09-2007, 05:26 AM

~Raelum

You should be careful about telling people to just uncheck items that they don't want to load, please don't just uncheck things that you don't know what they are...they can be vital to the computer

slipknotpsycho
07-09-2007, 05:33 AM
You should be careful about telling people to just uncheck items that they don't want to load, please don't just uncheck things that you don't know what they are...they can be vital to the computer

o.0

i have everything unchecked in my msconfig... if it's there it's not some vital program..

JeKo
07-09-2007, 05:52 AM
o.0

i have everything unchecked in my msconfig... if it's there it's not some vital program..

just like some things that make devices work like keyboards and mouses, and also firewalls and plus just msconfig really isnt a good place for people aren't very good at computers

Gandalf_The_Grey
07-09-2007, 01:22 PM

~Raelum

HAHA! Thanks man I can't believe I didn't initially see that! I just uninstalled it now. And Slipknot I have Ccleaner already so I'll do that as well. Thanks so much guys! :)

slipknotpsycho
07-09-2007, 04:56 PM
wait o.0 did your friend use EA link to put that game on the comp? if so that might be why you had to get rid of it... i was assuming he used cd/dvd to install it..