PDA

View Full Version : PS3 price drops

JeKo
07-06-2007, 08:05 PM
Truth: Retailer Confirms $100 PS3 Price Cut - Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/gaming/truth/retailer-confirms-100-ps3-price-cut-275456.php)

Looks like its $500 now, and I think at either best buy or circuit city you get 5 free blu ray discs when you buy a PS3.

NothingMoreThenTruth
07-06-2007, 08:07 PM
Wow so everyone who just bought it for $600 just got the shaft haha.

cannabis campbell
07-06-2007, 11:24 PM
It was 600 dollars in the us??

its was like 450£ when it came out here thats like $900 :eek:

slipknotpsycho
07-06-2007, 11:36 PM
wow that actually kinda fuckin sucks.... i got mine on the 3rd....

oh well tho.. i'm extremely happy with it, was well worth the 600... only thing i don't like is the fans i bought for it.. they're kinda loud... but meh, i got used to it after the first day, sides it's not like they're on when i'm not using it and i don't play with low sound... i don't really ever here t hem except between loading screens...

damn tho :eek: it is a big machine... probably pretty close to the original ps2's...

an yes CC the 60 GB one is 600 in the us... <.< if it weren't for the fact that you'd hvae to order all your games from the us as well i'd say to buy one from america if you wanted to get one... i mean if they really are like 900 over there.

ZeldaG.
07-07-2007, 03:04 AM
actually i think ps3 games have no rgions , as in play on any machine wrodlwide ( but blueray movies still have regions and so do ps2 games) , so you can play uk PS3 GAMES on an american one, but cant play UK PS2 Games or UK blue ray movies lol, suk a bit...

budsmoker
07-07-2007, 03:07 AM
i hate how all game companies always have to jack up the price for everything....greedy bastards

ZeldaG.
07-07-2007, 01:13 PM
greedy bastards

Did you know that for every unit of PS3 sold SONY are losing like a 100 quid if not more??

Generous BAstards!! :P

jessem98
07-07-2007, 03:59 PM
Did you know that for every unit of PS3 sold SONY are losing like a 100 quid if not more??

Generous BAstards!! :P

work for sony much?

bluntblaze
07-07-2007, 08:00 PM
work for sony much?...

BoilerUp
07-07-2007, 08:41 PM
All next gen systems lose money from consoles, which is why there aren't more systems on the market (Only companies that have a lot of money to spare can afford to take the loss, which is why Microsoft, Sony, And Nintendo are the fore-runners).

They actually make most of their money off of the games themselves. It's kinda like McDonalds... you think they would be making the money from your cheeseburger, but it's really all from the drinks.

cannabis campbell
07-08-2007, 03:02 AM
wow that actually kinda fuckin sucks.... i got mine on the 3rd....

oh well tho.. i'm extremely happy with it, was well worth the 600... only thing i don't like is the fans i bought for it.. they're kinda loud... but meh, i got used to it after the first day, sides it's not like they're on when i'm not using it and i don't play with low sound... i don't really ever here t hem except between loading screens...

damn tho :eek: it is a big machine... probably pretty close to the original ps2's...

an yes CC the 60 GB one is 600 in the us... <.< if it weren't for the fact that you'd hvae to order all your games from the us as well i'd say to buy one from america if you wanted to get one... i mean if they really are like 900 over there.

60GB.. ok i know NOTHING about the ps3 is there a website that tells me what it does i didnt know it comes with memory space on it :o

JeKo
07-08-2007, 03:12 AM
60GB.. ok i know NOTHING about the ps3 is there a website that tells me what it does i didnt know it comes with memory space on it :o

google is your friend

budsmoker only
07-08-2007, 03:39 AM
slipknot i dunno where you bought it for but somes stores will give you the discount....
i have never done it myself, but i forgot what store and i asked if the price of somethin was gonna go down, the guy told me that if it does like real soon then i can bring the receit back and get the money or somethin like that....

i dunno if that is still the case, but its a hundred bucks....