PDA

View Full Version : Nutrients and yield

WidowMaker
02-05-2004, 05:20 PM
:cool: Howdy Fellow Farmers!!!I use General Hydroponics Flora Series, according to the GH chart...I noticed the ppm concentration decreases rapidly, to about 50% starting strength in 7 days...and then I change it... I also now see a group of additives listed on their chart, Diamond Necter/Chi/Flora Shield/prysol, etc....

My question is, "Are these additives cost effective", ie., are they worth the added expense???

Furthermore, are there other less expensive nutrients to use yielding the same/better results with hydroponics?? I seem to spend almost as much for nutes/electricity already as I would for the same amount of produce I grow, ..(and if I add all the additives listed on chart, I will be paying more than the local grocery).....

"How Much should I expect to yield with a 430watt HPS in a small 2x3 grow cabinet, with WhiteWidow and AK47" ??? I can fit 4 plants, maybe 6(but they are pretty crowded)...

quackers
02-09-2004, 03:53 AM
i get mine off ebay...half the cost of stores....but i can tell you my last garden brought me about 185 grams of buds...that was 5 girls..but i noticed you have a hps where as i have a mh...that may make a difference,,,goodluck

mrxthethcman
02-12-2004, 07:31 PM
under 400 w hps with 5 plants i managed to yeald from bubblegum just over 10 oz and that was my first grow.

bonbon
02-14-2004, 05:43 AM
you want the plant's to use all the nute's up,50% every week is good,at the end of 2 week's you should change the resevoir and add fresh water and nutrient's. :D

WidowMaker
02-17-2004, 07:37 PM
you want the plant's to use all the nute's up,50% every week is good,at the end of 2 week's you should change the resevoir and add fresh water and nutrient's. :D

soooo...you are saying I should go till the concentration roughly equals my water??? I thought it necessary to refresh each week, or even sooner(according to an article in Maximum Yield)...I wondered about the make up of the remaining nutes, is there an equal proportion to the starting formula??? what about just topping with a like concentration of the starting nutes, I thought the balance could be off...Not to be cheap or anything, just concervative...

bonbon
02-18-2004, 08:28 AM
there is a popular formula method for the GH flora series(lucas formula)that advocates a reservoir change after a equal amount of water has been added back,from what i've read it's a very effective method and produces good result's,i havent tried it yet,but i plan to in the near future,i have a 30 gal res that i replemish every 2 week's with added nutes and a 50%water change and my set-up is thriving very well,but since i'm a minimalist it works out well.there well never be a perfect balance of nute uptake,the plant is selective so it will use only what it needs,but it will end up using most of everything.just my suggestion,but get input from others,then decide for yourself,chances are you'll make the right choice's....good luck to you WM. :Dbonbon

Humboldt sticky
04-20-2006, 06:05 AM
have any of you used the house and garden nutes from amsterdam