PDA

View Full Version : What do you know about Muslims?

3s BEL
01-09-2005, 05:49 AM
Any special tradition you know of, prophets? ideas, customs?

meek mike
01-09-2005, 05:56 AM
Not enough. Glad to hear more about them and thier beliefs. Great idea for a thread. I'm looking forward to hearing about it all. I hear they and Christians have a lot in common.

Rev. Michael T
Soldier for Christ

juggalo420
01-09-2005, 06:43 AM
i read most of the koran, so i know how musslims view their faith as the extension of both christianity and judaism. They follow the same dietary laws of the jews, no pork as well as other 'unclean' animals. Cant drink alcohol. They believe in basically the same prophets as the other two, they even believe in jesus, they just think he was a great prophet not the son of god, they also dont believe he was crucified they believe god loved him so much he only made it appear to the romans they crucifierd him. They believe muhammed(s/p?) was the last prophet before the end of the world, god supposedly told muhammed all his commandments and revalations, which he then wrote down in which was the koran.
i dont know much about their holidays. any one can become a musslim by just saying 'i belive in one god and muhammed is his prophet', theres no rituals for initiation as there is in christianity. Musslims are suppose to be tolerant of christians and jews, whom they call the people of the book. They believe jesus will come to earth again to signal the end of the world, bad people go to hell, good to heaven.

thats about all my memory retained.