PDA

View Full Version : getting me down

da dubs
07-01-2007, 11:19 AM
hi all from dublin,

just past mid summers day,and its rained every day in dublin for the last 30days,,,now some might think this is a good thing,but hear in lies the problem,my kids have just got there summer holidays from school 8weeks..great if your a kid,but as parents of 3boys,if the rain dose not stop,they will start to fight,not even the wii will stop them fighting,

and there fighting puts added pressure on us as parents,our mood,especially joanne there mum,by the time i,m home from work,she just wants to scream..

now jo dose lots with them when the weather is like this,gets them out to zoo,kids parks,etc.etc..

but its starting to effect our sex drivre,they seem to be taking most of our energy lately,and by the time we go to bed all we want to do is sleep,and sleep and sleep..

later in the summer we are all off to holland on holidays,centre parcs,,a childs wonderland,kids clubs all day,so hopefully it will tire them out,and give us a bit of a break...and while in holland well we will have to sample the local weed...

so if any of you guys have any idea to stop the rain in ireland,,and lift the blues,,lets know...:) :hippy:

beachguy in thongs
07-01-2007, 11:51 AM
If you mix some soil with the clouds, I'm sure it will all dry up. :eat:

birdgirl73
07-01-2007, 03:56 PM
Go someplace to a gym or recreation center/community center or covered park where the kids can blow off some steam and you can get some exercise. The incessant rain is hard to take, I know. We're having that in Texas right now, too. But exercise really lifts my mood--and it helps the kids get out some of that aggression and craziness. Also, think about getting a babysitter so you and your wife and spend some time alone.

da dubs
07-02-2007, 07:24 PM
only problem is the soil is wet already...pity..cause i would have gone with that idea,,

as for things to do,,joanne is working on that as we speak,,and plans are being made,,,but our weather is still dreadfull,all 4seasons in one day kinda stuff,,just getting everyone down,,:) :hippy:

NothingMoreThenTruth
07-02-2007, 10:55 PM
I'd kill for some rain right now, lets trade places haha.

da dubs
07-04-2007, 08:12 PM
no problem,,,
on my way,,,
you can also have the 3 kids,wife,dog,2birds,2vans,and a car,3bed semi in the burbs,,,

if you still want to trade places,let me know..lol:) :hippy:

da dubs
07-17-2007, 04:20 PM
ok....this just is just shit....

according to met. ireland its been raining on and off mow in dublin for 41days in a row...aaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh.......... .

:) :hippy: