PDA

View Full Version : I want to move to Cali.

MistaGanja
07-01-2007, 04:44 AM
is it hard to get a job and shit out there, i mean Me and some firends want to in together on a condo or house, im gunna be graduating next year (high school) and im thinking about going to Riverside Community Collage...whats your advise as far as housing and jobs go...

-figured i'd ask i mean i don't think i could get any better advise consider you live there and most likely blaze, hah.

tomasinho
07-01-2007, 09:45 AM
Cali is a great place to be. I dropped out of high school because my family was fucked up and I drove out to cali from detroit in a 300 dollar car - wound up working at an ice cream place (Ben and Jerrys in San Fran). Finished high school. j Then - joined the marines - was stationed in southern cali - and decided to never go back to detroit. After that I got a degree in biology from UCSD. Dont get me wrong - it is hard to make it out here but if you are tough enough to get past the first year or two - you will never go back to where you came up.

California for me is the best place on earth - southern cal (San Diego) is good for me because I am an outdoor athletic type - there is the ocean, the mountains and the desert - move here if you like to exercise, smoke weed, and have a good work ethic. If you are lazy its hard to do well here. BTW - the weather where I live never gets below 60 (during the day) or above 90 (rarely).

Where in cali do you want to live (I have lived in MANY places here and can tell you what each area is about)
Peace. And something we like to say here - no worries.

tomasinho
07-01-2007, 09:48 AM
Also ---The community college system here is great - they have gauranteed transfer programs to outstanding universities - (UCSD, UCLA etc.) if you were thinking about going to a prestigious university. And the community college is like 30 dollars a credit hour if you have lived here for a year or more and can show proof of residency.

Storm Crow
07-01-2007, 03:40 PM
Move to California! Avoid San Diego and LA. I'm partial to northern Cali. In Siskiyou county, Mt. Shasta is a "hippy/new age town" with a community college in the next town, Weed (named after Abner Weed), 8 miles down the road. Yreka and Weed are more "red-neck" and share the two campus college , Dunsmuir is artsy. McCloud is an 1800s millionaire's play ground, now with the ski resort. Employment is tourist based with a ski park and golf course near by and year round employment is provided by a couple of bottled water companies. Nearest MMJ doctor is in Redding, just down Hwy 5.- Granny

FUNKNUGGET
07-01-2007, 04:05 PM
go to Nor Cal that's all i have to say. If you love chronic this is the place for you. Most of So Cal's bud comes from up north, making it twice as expensive

smokinbomb
07-02-2007, 06:14 AM
nor cal good smoke good people and theres jobs every where

come on out-Bomb

BlAzInIt4:20
07-02-2007, 06:21 AM
im from riverside, and have been to rcc, if you want to get a job around here that pays decent you are going to have to A. travel B. go through job aid at school C. not move here.
Took me 3 months to find a job when i got out of high school. Maybe you will have more luck.. but its not that easy finding jobs here in riverside. Housing in riverside is expensive, so i suggest you do have roommates.

DO NOT AVOID SAN DIEGO, it is beautiful, fun and exciting their..

Good Luck !!:thumbsup:

MistaGanja
07-03-2007, 01:08 AM
:rastasmoke:

MistaGanja
07-03-2007, 01:09 AM
Wow, so Nor Cal is good then huh? I was born and raised in Glendale, AZ but just last summer had to move out to kansas had no choice, but after i graduate. I'm gunna move to cali. so mt. Shasta is good? how much would a town home be monthly near the community collage or w/e? What type of jobs would a high school grad be lookin at? i have plenty of job experience, mostly with grocery stores though.

-I highly appreciate all the positive feedback!...making me want get out there even more haha.