PDA

View Full Version : Well I just aquired a gerbil.

Melkane
06-30-2007, 05:02 PM
My younger brother got some gerbils a few months back. But apparently after living harmonously for all this time, one of them started to actually try and hurt the other one in fights all the time. So they had to be seperated.

My brother gave me the aggressive one. I need to go down next week when I get paid and upgrade his home, he needs something bigger and needs a new water bottle for sure.

Trying to figure out what other things to put in it, or how to design it. We have a wheel in there, but he just buries it.

I'm also trying to figure out a good name for him. I'll take a pic of him later if I remember.

Staurm
06-30-2007, 05:37 PM
Jeemy.

stinkyattic
07-02-2007, 04:01 PM
Gerbils LOVE paper towel and TP roll cores. They chew the cardboard, bury them, sleep in them, it's adorable.
Anyway something to chew on is very important for a gerbil. They need to keep their teeth healthy, and they seem to be entertained for DAYS destroying cardboard objects.
Cedar shavings will help keep his home smelling fresher.

psteve
07-02-2007, 04:43 PM
That gerbil needs to chill out.

Melkane
07-05-2007, 07:44 PM
I've been reading all sorts of websites regarding proper care. In every one of them it's been said that gerbils should be in pairs. That is all fine and dandy but this gerbil was with another gerbil and had to be separated because this one started attacking the other one.

Since I've got him, I've made an effort to visit and handle him once a day at least. My cat Raziel is almost always sitting next to the tank licking his lips. So it's not like he is alone all the time.

Do you think he will be ok as a solo gerbil?

Melkane
07-06-2007, 03:55 AM
I've decided on his name...

This gerbil shall now and from this day forth be named:

:hippy:Dirk Diggler:hippy: