PDA

View Full Version : Phenos?

GreenGuitar
01-08-2005, 02:50 PM
Can anyone cast light on the topic of phenos? R they grown from seed, is it a cloning method, or simply a word for something else? As I understand it, a pheno is a female, that grows vertical with thick buds and very few leaves. I have seen pictures, but can't find much more info.

Any help appreciated. :confused:

Torog
01-08-2005, 03:19 PM
Can anyone cast light on the topic of phenos? R they grown from seed, is it a cloning method, or simply a word for something else? As I understand it, a pheno is a female, that grows vertical with thick buds and very few leaves. I have seen pictures, but can't find much more info.

Any help appreciated. :confused:
Howdy GreenGuitar,

Phenotype,is a term for describing the type of plant structure,like columnular,indica-like or sativa-like or so on. Even within the same strain,there can be different 'phenotypes'..sativa-like ,is tall and columnular,indica-like,is short, and bushy.

Have a good one...Torog

llamaman666
01-09-2005, 09:34 AM
pheno means phentotype, which is the genes that are shown. Like a cat can be black or white, two phenotypes, or a cannabis plant can be tall or bushy, two phenos. Welcome to the cannabis.com community to!

GreenGuitar
01-09-2005, 12:23 PM
Cheers guys, that really helps. I've only worked with cuttings so far, but my next project will be from seed, with the possibility of some breeding. I'm posting a thread in the 'strains + seeds forum' relating to what people consider to be the best all round strains for indoor growing based on ease, quality and yeild.