PDA

View Full Version : Firefox - Help!

cannabis campbell
06-29-2007, 02:37 PM
It wont let me download anything now when i right click something and click save target as.. nothing happens it was fine yday, i tried restarting my pc and its still the same.

can anyone help?

stinkyattic
06-29-2007, 02:43 PM
Are you trying to download an .exe file? I was having that problem running firefox but am starting to think it was blocked by the network I was on.
You COULD always try uninstalling and reinstalling firefox through a different browser program...

cannabis campbell
06-29-2007, 03:47 PM
No its with any file .wma .mp3 any file at all :(

Dont wanna uninstall it because i dont wanna lose all my favourite sites i saved

4twentE
06-29-2007, 04:44 PM
Have you tried opening your Downloads window to see if they're just getting automatically saved into some random folder?

Skink
06-29-2007, 08:05 PM
No its with any file .wma .mp3 any file at all :(

Dont wanna uninstall it because i dont wanna lose all my favourite sites i saved

I never use FF so IDK much... if you reinstall there should be a option to save prefs???

open up IE and try a D/L...

cannabis campbell
06-29-2007, 08:10 PM
Have you tried opening your Downloads window to see if they're just getting automatically saved into some random folder?

Yeah tried that and its just all blank

:(!

cannabis campbell
06-29-2007, 08:11 PM
Yeah good idea skink..

Staurm
06-30-2007, 12:56 PM
I don't see what all the fuss about firefox, it's caused me nothing but problems.

Melkane
06-30-2007, 01:36 PM
I don't see what all the fuss about firefox, it's caused me nothing but problems.

I've never have trouble my browsing wouldn't be close to the same without it. It's my best internet friend.

Firefox is very safe and makes the net a much more pleasant place with all the extensions. I browse the web with mods like No Script (prevents java and other such scripts to run, unless you give it permission, adblock plus (allows you to block advertisements on websites, adblock gsetfilter (premade constantly updated adblock list of advertisements, never have to block things myself). linkification (makes plain text links into clickable ones) tabbed browsing along with Mouse Gestures (allow me to have lots of tabs of different forums/sites and allows me to quickly navigate through them) Session saver (awesome mod that saves all the tabs pages and information you have open and restores it when you reload firefox back up)

Plus I browse Gamefaqs.com all the time, if I'm not browsing here i'm browsing there and firefox gives me two unique mods that make my experience there much better. Gamefaqs toolbar (puts all of gamefaqs into a drop down menu for me to navigate easily) and GameFox (allows me to quote messages, adds a quick reply box, allows me to highlight certain user posts, or block them out and many other features I don't use)

cannabis campbell
07-01-2007, 09:13 PM
^

Yeah i agree i much rather prefer firefox for a number of reasons.

cannabis campbell
07-06-2007, 09:20 PM
Can anyone help, im still having the same problem.

JeKo
07-06-2007, 10:13 PM
Did you try what skink suggested?

Try going to Tools > Options In the main tab make sure it is saving to your desktop

If the problem persists I suggest reinstalling firefox

slipknotpsycho
07-06-2007, 10:55 PM
here's how to fix th eproblem...

unintstall firefox...

install IE :D

cannabis campbell
07-06-2007, 11:06 PM
I already have IE installed lol

one quetion if i uninstall Firefox then install it again will i lose stuff like ad ons and toolbars and my favourite websites ive saved?

JeKo
07-06-2007, 11:20 PM
No, you won't lose that information

slipknotpsycho
07-06-2007, 11:39 PM
I already have IE installed lol

one quetion if i uninstall Firefox then install it again will i lose stuff like ad ons and toolbars and my favourite websites ive saved?

shouldn't but just incase i'd back them up... sipmle enough to do on IE dunno how i'ts done on firefox but i'd imagine it's he same... click on the tab you use to add a page to your favs. then click on export, put it where you'll remember, then when you reinstall it, just do the same but click import, select your saved file and there you go.

cannabis campbell
07-07-2007, 01:01 AM
yeah i know what you mean thanks for the help slip ill rep you when i can! :)

gheebhee
07-07-2007, 01:04 AM
I don't think your extensions will be saved if you uninstall firefox. I've reinstalled the browser in the past and I'm about 99% positive I had to reinstall them after re-installing the browser. The bookmarks can be easily backed up like slipknotpsycho said. Just click Bookmarks>Organize Bookmarks... and then in the window that pops up hit File>Export...

Hope this helps.

edit: looks like you already got it... couldn't delete the post...

cannabis campbell
07-07-2007, 01:07 AM
Thanks gheebhee i will +rep you when i can too :)

cannabis campbell
07-07-2007, 01:30 AM
Yep did that then installed it again.. and its exactly the same my downloads still wont work.. hmm

cannabis campbell
07-07-2007, 01:32 AM
I dont have the downloads.rdf file in my c:>programfiles>mozillafirefox>defaults>profile

do you have it there

could you send it to me?

cannabis campbell
07-07-2007, 01:47 AM
Is no one going to volunteer to send this file to me?

slipknotpsycho
07-07-2007, 02:15 AM
i'm looking give me time....

slipknotpsycho
07-07-2007, 02:17 AM
Unable to save or download files - MozillaZine Knowledge Base (http://kb.mozillazine.org/Unable_to_save_or_download_files)

do these and lemmme know what happens (again, i'm not a FF user [personally i say fuck firefox] but as long as i have pretty good details i can help.... )

cannabis campbell
07-07-2007, 02:23 AM
ok ill check it out thanks once again slip