PDA

View Full Version : Christian Bible Debate (Kuulbns and meek mike)

meek mike
01-08-2005, 05:44 AM
Kuublns-

This is most of my studies on the subject and what I do. Feel free to pick it apart word for word. I'm looking forward to your response. Sorry I can't shorten it up for you but this way it gets everything out all at once. God Bless.

1) GOD GAVE IT TO US

Genesis 1:29

Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.

Cannabis can and is eaten everyday, but the world has taught that it's bad even called it Devils weed.

Matthew 15:13

He replied, "Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by the roots.

God made Cannabis if it was Devils weed then it wouldn't exsist. Look at what people want you to think about a creation from God. Devils weed that really makes me mad when I hear people call it that.

Romans 14:16

Do not allow what you consider good to be spoken of as evil.

God called it good so we all should stand against the people that call cannabis bad, evil, etc.

2) IT ISN'T UNCLEAN

Matthew 15:17-18

"Don't you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these make a man 'unclean.'

The same can be said about smoke. It enters the lungs stays for how ever long you hold your breath then it comes right out. Usally following is a cough but that's just because you held it in to long or you got some really good stuff.

Acts 10:14-15

"Surely not, Lord!" Peter replied. "I have never eaten anything impure or unclean." The voice spoke to him a second time, "Do not call anything impure that God has made clean."

Peter thought that certain animals were unclean because that is what he was taught. But God called cannabis good and it doesn't stay in the body so it is clean.

3) THE BODY DIES

1 Corinthians 15:50

I declare to you, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.

We live in a vessel or a seed how every you view your body. Once it dies the body is put in the ground and like a seed we take our true form.

Romans 12:1

Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship.

I use cannabis in a religious way. I minister to people that smoke cannabis. Anyone can walk up to a cannabis smoker and say "hey can I get a hit." I have never been told no, so we can use that chance to talk to people about God and Cannabis. By trying to give then two free gifts, one) THC-Ministry info. two) eternal life through Jesus Christ. We are doing a spiritual act of worship.

1 Corinthians 6:19

Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;

We Christians are not our own. We were bought by the saving grace of Jesus Christ and the sacrifice he paid for our sins past, present, and future. All one has to do is have faith that Jesus is who he said he is and love everyone. Very simple, but of course very hard at the same time. We are to use the things he gives us like cannabis and use it for the better good. Either helping out someone with MS or any other illness or by talking to the cannabis user and showing him/her that it's ok and the guilt that the world has put on them for useing it is whats wrong. Of course you'd say that everything in moderation (don't abuse) it or it could be taken away by your conscience showing you that your abusing it.

4) WHAT DO YOU PREACH

Philippians 1:18

But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice.

Some preachers in the churchs have false motives but like the verse says at least the word is being taught. The same can be said about a Christian THC-MINISTER we have motives to correct what needs to be corrected but we are always to preach about Salvation through Jesus Christ doing so the Christian world should leave us alone but of course they don't so we cannabis ministers have to make up long documents like this one.

Acts 5:39

But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God."

Since I believe we are from God this Ministry we will not be stopped. Thats a fact. I've been on five different Christian web sites and have had five same conclusions no one can stop the christian THC-MINISTRY because we speak the truth straight out of the Bible. Attitudes will be changed and the time is now to change them.

1 John 2:27

As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit--just as it has taught you, remain in him.

What was in the annointing oil? Thats right CANNABIS. Anyways Christ is our teacher. Abide in him and he will give you all the answers just as he has given me all the scriptures and the way to use them. Faith in Jesus because he can do anything.

5) I'M THE SAME PERSON

1 Corinthians 7:17

Nevertheless, each one should retain the place in life that the Lord assigned to him and to which God has called him. This is the rule I lay down in all the churches.

I was a Christian when I started to smoke cannabis. I was called to the cannabis mission field because that is where God has called me to work in. People go to church and here a sermon, they want to change there whole life but thats not what we should be doing. We have a chance to witness to those not in the church so do the people that want to change and give up everything they use but they don't see that. They think they have to get involved in a church to make a difference.

Luke 15:7

I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.

In the church most are saved or in a non growing life style the pastors should help them grow but in most cases they don't. We have a chance to make a party in heaven by witnessing to people we come in contact with. Cannabis and Tattoo's are two of the easiest way to start a conversation about God/Jesus and that persons beliefs. Both are mostly condemned for have one or useing one. The Christian world needs to wake up and use the tools that are around them.

6) TOOLS

Genesis 3:18

It will produce thorns and weeds for you, and you will eat the plants of the field.

It doesn't say what to do with the thorns and weeds. Some in the past have used thorns for sowing needles, weapons, etc so the weeds can be use as a tool as well. Rope, paper, clothing, ministry tool, etc. What better tool to use give life through Jesus Christ, Give info on legal use through religion, and get stoned. Three birds one stoner.

7) MAN MADE RULES

Colossians 2:20-23

Since you died with Christ to the basic principles of this world, why, as though you still belonged to it, do you submit to its rules: "Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!"? These are all destined to perish with use, because they are based on human commands and teachings. Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence.

If we are alive through Jesus Christ those rules about not useing cannabis do not apply because they are man made. Using cannabis or not using cannabis doesn't stop the evil thought that pop up in your head. So when some one says you shouldn't, ask why? When they say it gives you bad thought like what REEFER MADNESS said about cannabis users tell them how do you know you don't have any faith to try something God made.

Matthew 15:3

Jesus replied, "And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition?

By judging people that use cannabis they are making themselfs the judge and we are not to do that. They want to follow there traditions even if they are out of date.

8) THANKFULNESS

1 Timothy 4:4-5

For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.

Not only is cannabis ok because God made it clean and called it good it's ok because most everyone that uses it is thankful for it. So what the church is teaching about cannabis and it's use is wrong.

Romans 14:6

He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God.

We are thankful to God for making cannabis. We use it for religious purposes. Other don't use it for the same reason. Tell the person that is abstaining from cannabis good job for doing that for the Lord but let them know you are doing the opposite for the same reason.

9) MY OWN ACTIONS

Galatians 6:4

Each one should test his own actions. Then he can take pride in himself, without comparing himself to somebody else,

Simple enough, look over your life see what your doing and ask God if it's ok. If your doing what God wants you to do be happy and don't let others bring you down because of there own convictions. Most people that don't use cannabis think there better then the user but they are blind and not honest with themselves because they have to attack others to make themselves feel better.

Romans 14:4

Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

If you are a Chrsitian who is our master? We are servants to God. He has given us everything we need to do the work he has planned for us so if someone confronts you about cannabis tell them your a Christian and they shouldn't be judging you because they are not your master Jesus Christ is.

1 Corinthians 2:11

The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.

People keep telling me that I can't be worshiping God when I smoke so I show them this verse. Then I let them know the my thought about them and ask did you know I felt that way. When they say no, I say but you can tell what I think when I smoke. I also tell them that if God put me in this field why are they trying to take me out of it. God has a plan for yours and my life once we know what it is take that leap of faith and get the job done.

10) THEIR OPINION

1 Corinthians 4:5

Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from God.

Most people have their minds made up about cannabis. I show them this they still don't change there mind or attitude but at least they know the truth.

Colossians 2:16

Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

Again people judge cannabis users way to much. That is what I am trying to put a stop to.

John 8:10-11

Jesus straightened up and asked her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?" "No one, sir," she said. "Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."

Jesus didn't condemn a lady caught in the act of sinful nature so if Jesus didn't even condemn someone for doing that why do people think they can condemn those who use cannabis which isn't even part of the sinful nature. It's because they were taught wrong. We have to show people they were taught wrong and the Bible shows the truth all one has to do is look through it.

11) MY PURPOSE

2 Timothy 3:16

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

Look back at everything I have ever said. I stand strong and true to everything I have written.

Rev. Michael T
Soldier for Christ

kuulbns
01-08-2005, 05:54 AM
Just where does it say smoke herbs Hmmm? Taking a piece of scripture out of context is as old as Methusalah. You sir are a blasphemer and a charlatan. You have every right to your opinion but you are wrong to twist scripture to fit your purpose. David Koresh had the answers also, as did Jim Jones. Try walking the walk if you're going to talk the talk. It's wrong to mislead others by telling them what you think they want to hear. Sacrament my left rear cheek.

F L E S H
01-08-2005, 06:00 AM
Mike is entitled to his own interpretation, yet he's a blasphemer? that's religious hypocrisy for ya...

kuulbns
01-08-2005, 06:04 AM
As I said he has a right to his opinion. But,.. when you take things out of context, the correct terminology is blasphemer. Look it up, try looking up charlatan at the same time. If Mike is your pastor then great, otherwise, get your own views. You may also enjoy reading the post by "Thesignalreceivers". Same end time theories, the Rapture, Tribulation, fun stuff.

F L E S H
01-08-2005, 06:12 AM
get my own views? you obviously haven't been around here very long.... In essence I agree with you kuulbns, I just object to the fact that in one sentence you tell mike he can believe what he likes, yet in the next you call him a blasphemer.

It's the fingerpointing and the accusations that get me all riled up against organized religion. Your interprtation might be much more common, but who says it's the right one? Your priest? Who told him it's the right one?

I assume you're Protestant, of whichever denomination. Yet, in 1519 Martin Luther blasphemed in the most extreme way by breaking away from the Catholics and going against the pope.... Every denomination at one point or another blasphemed, yet just because they gathered a large enough following they were eventually acceptable. Ask an Eastern Orthodox, or a Coptic, and they'll tell you the Catholics are blasphemers.

You're right to tell Mike that his interpretation is more than likely just so he can justify getting high, but calling him a blasphemer is a little much.

kuulbns
01-08-2005, 06:30 AM
Hi Flesh, Using religious jargon to confront religious jargon is what I was trying to do. I have been around a while. Usually I pass on these posts. Lately it seems they're becoming more and more self rightious. Why not just tel the truth, I get high. Something I wonder about, is tabacco one of the "bitter herbs" they (The ThC Ministry) proscribe to? It's bitter to eat if unprocessed, so smoking cigg.s is good also? In trying to use religious terminology I may have offended you, I'm sorry. If nothing else I am tolerant of all people, but as a human I do get a lil bit up tight when something hits me as being extremely phony. Though Mike may be at heart a nice sincere guy (who knows) I do wish that people would stop trying to justify their habits by saying God said so. Osama Bin Laden thinks he is doing his Lord's work. The same with any religious fanatic. David Koresh said God told him to take multiple wives, some as young as 10 years old, and tried to justify it with scripture from the Old Testament. I was raised in a very restrictive religious background, decided that I needed to study without the fear of being disobedient to a Pastor. Any religion that forces rules and regulations down your throat is suffocating. If someone should choose to believe in the whole Christian doctrine, great, but please at least take one thing from it, be honest at least try to be. I smoke,..therefore I am Kuu
PS Sis Kuu=Female LMAO

F L E S H
01-08-2005, 06:44 AM
OK Kuulbns, you're cool, I understand getting riled up against something and going a little overboard, I'm guilty of it myself :D I'm just a stickler for terminology and don't like seeing very loaded words being thrown about... But I think I'm one of the only ones like that :D

FrenchInhale
01-08-2005, 06:44 AM
I'll tell you why I think getting high is not a sin... because before I started smoking all the time... I hated going to church.. never read my bible.. never prayed... and generally just had my beliefs but didn't think about them... its kinda hard to explain.. I believed what I believed but I didn't refresh myself or anything... since I started smoking... I got a new bible.. read it everyday... and pray everyday.. usually numerous times... so basically I got back into the "religous swing of things" because of marijuana. Marijuana started making me think about God and stuff... and I decided I needed to get back into the Bible...

Belleza
01-08-2005, 06:49 AM
what he means is that yeah u kan think what u want but to turn around words like that, words that are supposed to be sacred text, just so u kan do what u want like a selfish bastard isn't cool. it's blasphemous. it does not say in the bible (or at least i don't think it does) it's ok to use an herb to alter ur mind. a real christian would know that (these are my thoughts on christians): if you enjoy it, it's probably a sin. unless mike doesn't enjoy toking it up...which i doubt. a christian reading that part about herbs would think of a million things before weed poped up in their head. and why just bud? what about coke? opium? mike did not mention any other herb to talk about. if he had a pure christian intention, and wanted to make his point across, why just mention one herb? he just wants to feel right for smoking. that's him being a charlatan. kuulbns, is that what u meant? i could be wrong. :confused:

FrenchInhale
01-08-2005, 06:56 AM
it does not say in the bible (or at least i don't think it does) it's ok to use an herb to alter ur mind. a real christian would know that (these are my thoughts on christians)

OK well... if your not 100% sure then don't say it... And since you aren't a real christian how do you know what real christians know?? Every christian has different views... hence demoninations... and even smaller than that individuals have different views... the only problem with the bible is that it can be interpreted in some many ways... I don't think Mike is twisting verses to fit his agenda... I think he is reading his bible and have a different view on what it means... Kind of like baptists think drinking alcohol at all is wrong.. but is it?? It depends on how you look at the text...

Belleza
01-08-2005, 07:27 AM
i was trying to clarify what kuulbns was saying about mike. just in different words, that's not what i personally was thinking about mike. i know people interpret the bible in different ways, but i wanted to make sure i knew what kuulbns meant when he called mike a charlatan and a blasphemer.

meek mike
01-08-2005, 02:56 PM
Just where does it say smoke herbs Hmmm?

I was wondering that myself. Just where in my post does it say the word herb anyways. Oh, it doesn't. Did you even read my post cause you didn't chat about any of it. YOu just start to call names and prejudge. It's ok thou, I forgive you for that. Just next time READ.

Taking a piece of scripture out of context is as old as Methusalah.

If your going to accuse me of something as drastic as that, PLEASE show me the scriptures I did it to. You know proof. It shouldn't be that hard for since I gave every scripture there for you to easily copy and paste.

You sir are a blasphemer and a charlatan.

Again, please show proof of your claims not just accusations or opinions about the person. JUST SHOW PROOF.

You have every right to your opinion but you are wrong to twist scripture to fit your purpose.

Again with the accusations and no proof. If your going to accuse someone at least give them a chance to defend themselves by giving proof of there allegide wrong doings.

David Koresh had the answers also, as did Jim Jones.

I don't claim to have the answers what I do claim is Jesus Christ. What I do preach is salvation through his blood that he freely gave up as a sacrifice to forgive all of man kind.

Try walking the walk if you're going to talk the talk.

I've been walking that walk since I was 19. But of course you wouldn't knwo that you would alone accuse someone. I'm seeing a patern here. All accusations and no proof in the pudding.

It's wrong to mislead others by telling them what you think they want to hear.

How exactly am I misleading others. I'm leading or at least trying to lead people to the forgiveness Jesus Christ offers. Telling people what they want to hear. Now that is a first for me. If you look back over all my post and I've said that before cause I highly doubt you will but looking back you will see I don't hold punchs and I never tell people what they want to hear just to do so. If anything I try to encourage people not just feed them ear candy.

Sacrament my left rear cheek.

I think it would be your right cheek but of course I could be wrong.

Not much debating on your side but maybe sometime today you'll pick up the ball and run with it.

Rev. Michael T
Soldier for Christ

meek mike
01-08-2005, 02:59 PM
You may also enjoy reading the post by "Thesignalreceivers". Same end time theories, the Rapture, Tribulation, fun stuff.

SO not only do you provide no proof of your slander you put me in the catergory of end times fun stuff. Come on Kuublns. Think before typing.

Rev. Michael T
Soldier for Christ

mr chinnery
01-08-2005, 03:11 PM
I'm the first to admit that I don't know much about the bible, but Colossians 2:20-23 (according to http://bibletools.org/index.cfm/fa/Bible.show/sVerseID/29515/eVerseID/29518) is about "Many of the people who had come into the Colossian church had brought their pagan philosophies with them, and they soon began to have an adverse influence on the entire congregation at Colossae. Paul corrects the people in the church who were doing this in Colossians 2:20-23.

Apparently, some of the people had begun thinking that self-imposed asceticism could somehow contribute to their salvation, and had begun turning away from trusting in Christ. They had more faith in their unchristian works. Paul warned them about this in Colossians 2:8: "Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ."
I think Kuublns is right in saying you took this out of context Mike.

meek mike
01-08-2005, 03:18 PM
Using religious jargon to confront religious jargon is what I was trying to do.

You would have done better if you had proof to your claims. Only opinions and accusations.

Why not just tel the truth, I get high.

Of course I get high, but I have a purpose when I do. Three things COnversations, Relaxation, or Meditation.

Something I wonder about, is tabacco one of the "bitter herbs" they (The ThC Ministry) proscribe to?

No we believe cannabis can help anyone that is trying to break that addiction. So you can stop wondering now cause you know that answer.

but as a human I do get a lil bit up tight when something hits me as being extremely phony.

Ok, explain how I am phony.

Though Mike may be at heart a nice sincere guy (who knows) I do wish that people would stop trying to justify their habits by saying God said so.

God didn't say so and I didn't say God said so. Putting words in my mouth. Thats a good way to prove a point with no proof.

Osama Bin Laden thinks he is doing his Lord's work. The same with any religious fanatic. David Koresh said God told him to take multiple wives, some as young as 10 years old, and tried to justify it with scripture from the Old Testament.

You compare me to these people. WOW, you must really like me. Eplain how I am even close to these people.

decided that I needed to study without the fear of being disobedient to a Pastor.

Dang, you couldn't study in less you had your pastors approval. What religion was that?

If someone should choose to believe in the whole Christian doctrine, great, but please at least take one thing from it, be honest at least try to be.

Are you saying that I'm not honest? If so please explain how I'm dishonest.

I smoke,..therefore I am Kuu
PS Sis Kuu=Female LMAO

I smoke to. Never said I didn't. Never said I didn't for my enjoyment. I just smoke with a purpose.

Rev. Michael T
Soldier for Christ

meek mike
01-08-2005, 03:30 PM
Mr. Chinnery-

Lets look at the verse and what it says.

Colossians 2:20-23

Since you died with Christ to the basic principles of this world,

I am a Christian, I am dead the basicx principles of this world.

why, as though you still belonged to it, do you submit to its rules: "Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!"?

I don't think handleing, tasting, or touching anything is a sin because. Well the begining to the verse. I'm dead to the basic principles of this world.

These are all destined to perish with use,because they are based on human commands and teachings.

The man made rules die with the man.

Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body,

Not touching, handleing, tasting things do sound good to the average Christian because the average Christian hasn't looked up in detail what is ok for them.

but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence.

By not handling, touching, tasting does nothing to stop sin in ones life. It as the verse says makes one think they are humble.

What it was in referece to thousands of years ago I don't know. I only know how the verse applys to my life. So in that sense I believe you and kuublns are wronmg by saying I took it out of context.

Rev. Michael T
Soldier for Christ

kuulbns
01-08-2005, 03:44 PM
I guess my post was understood a little better by some than by others. Yes, I am a Christian, it's part of who I am, not all that I am. I was reaised in an extreme religious faction, (U.P.C.). Finding much that I could not agree with as being Biblical in the denomination, I chose to study and learn of many differant Theologies. I admit, I was ticked off and reacted more hastily than I normally would. If you want to read about the use of bitter herbs, read "Thesignalrecievers" post. It's another post I just couldn't agree with, but he does have the scripture quotes. Mike, good life to ya. I don't agree with you, but hey, whatever. I'm not going to follow up on this as I find it brings my high down. Normally I don't bother much with these posts. I appologize if I hurt anyone's feelings. It was very late and I was not feeling 100%, this is not an excuse for being intolerant, just trying to explain why I was impatient. In the future I will keep my opinions to myself. I wish you all the best life has to offer. Kuu

meek mike
01-08-2005, 03:50 PM
unless mike doesn't enjoy toking it up...which i doubt. a christian reading that part about herbs would think of a million things before weed poped up in their head. and why just bud? what about coke? opium? mike did not mention any other herb to talk about.

What part about herbs is that. The only one that talked about herbs was Kuublns. You didn't read my post either. All you both did just jump to conclutions talking as if you knwo what I said when you have I guess no clue on the subject.

Why not coke?

Simple, you let me know where I can get some 100% coke and I'll not only make hella cash I'll start talking about it too.

Why not opium?

Same thing, you let me know where some 100% opium is not only will I make hella cash but I'll start talking about it to.

I didn't mention any herb at all so your right in saying I didn't mention any other herb. Of course you would have had to read what I wrote to know that.

Rev. Michael T
Soldier for Christ

meek mike
01-08-2005, 04:10 PM
Sorry to bring your high down kuublns. I hope you too have a great life and as a Christian sister I'll be praying for you. You didn't offend me or I think anyone else so don't stress over that. One day in heaven we'll have to get together and blaze a fatty. One Love (for me it's Jesus). God Bless and may my Lord watch, protect, guide, and direct your life to inner peace and happieness.

Rev. Michael T
Soldier for Christ

Blisterize
01-08-2005, 08:13 PM
...think of it this way:

God never condemned drinking wine in the Bible. He does, however, repeatedly condemn DRUNKENESS!

If you can apply this principal in tandem with faith and sincerely believe that His will must be done in your life to secure your own heavenly rewards (not salvation), you will have YOUR answer to the marijuana dilemma.

:)

meek mike
01-08-2005, 08:27 PM
Great way to put it. I could have used your help a few weeks ago. Glad you're here. Wine in the bible is another topic I like to talk with other Christians about. Most churchs and pastors will say drinking is wrong. No matter how much or how little the person drinks. They preach thier own convictions and screw up because not everyone is convicted the way they are. I like to show scripture to them about drinking like:

Proverbs 31:6-7 (New International Version)

Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more.

Matthew 11:19 (New International Version)

The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ??Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and ??sinners.? ?? But wisdom is proved right by her actions.?

Those two verse tend to end all arguments.

Peace be with you.

Rev. Michael T
Soldier for Christ

Belleza
01-10-2005, 05:59 AM
yeah ur right about me not readin ur posts, some of them are just too dam long. sorry bout that. :) im just lazy to scroll all the way down, then read it. then read it again. then, yeah. but i read most of it. and i got a question for you. why do ppl make a big fuss about the 10 commandments if jesus died kuz we weren't gonna follow them? i think it was in another thread that u said " i belive:..." i don't remember tho. like i said, i dont' read the whole thing.

Belleza
01-10-2005, 06:27 AM
I believe....

Jesus was a man, born of a virgin.

Jesus is God's son.

Jesus is God in physical form.
(just like I am a husband, father, son, brother. All different roles but all the same person)

Jesus was sinless.

Jesus was our sacrifice to clean us from all our screw ups (aka our sins).

Jesus in one day defeated Satan and freed us all from any rules like the ten commandments because we couldn't live up to them.

Jesus then died and three days later arose from the grave by Gods power.

All we have to do is believe who he said he is (faith) and do as he asked which was to love everyone.

I don't knwo if that is what your looking for regading your question but I can go on just need to know what topic your looking for.

Rev. Michael T
Soldier for Christ

Belleza
01-10-2005, 06:28 AM
^^ mike, that was ur quote.

FrenchInhale
01-10-2005, 06:33 AM
I still believe that a person as a christian is suppose to follow the ten commandments... he didn't free us from rules.. he freed us from the sin of breaking those rules...

meek mike
01-10-2005, 06:39 AM
Belleza-(it's long and my personal view not all Christians feel the same)

I don't read all the post either. Sometimes I'm to stoned, to lazy, or just don't care to read at that time. It happens so I don't mind if you didn't read it all cause it's all good.

why do ppl make a big fuss about the 10 commandments if jesus died kuz we weren't gonna follow them?

That is a great question. It takes some Christians years and years to realize it. In fact it took me over nine years until I sat down and looked into what I believe. I was one of those kids that got filled with my parents religion. But I felt God in my religion so I stuck with it. Most people believe what they want to believe and don't really look deep into thier beliefs or thier religion they just go by what the pastor says or what they are taught in sunday school. Just like I'm to lazy or what not to read a few lines from someone here people are way to lazy to read the Bible. I mean look at it it's frigen huge. It's not like other books either. You can't just sart at he begining and work your way back it's way to hard. I know I've tried that a few times. When I got to about page 15 I was ready to give up and say "I believe what I was taught." instead of looking up for myself. Sorry to ramble on, to your question:

I have no clue why Chrsitians give so much fuss over the ten commandments. If they would only read what they believe in they would find out we don't have to live by those rules since Christ took them away. Just look at what the Bible says:

Romans 7:6 (New International Version)

But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.

When it says by dying it is metaphoricly speaking of accepting Christ. Our old self passes away and we become new in God's eyes. Clean and clear of all sin past, present, and future. Cause Jesus could only die once in the physical so when he did that he took away everyones all at the same time. My screw ups like when I stole all those..... never mind. By accepting Christ we are not bound by the ten commandments. God aka Jesus knew we couldn't up hold them cause everyone has lied, lusted, stole, etc. It's impossible for us to not do those things. But Jesus didn't do any of them thats why he was and is the perfect sacrifice to clear us of those screw ups in God's eyes. Another verse:

Romans 8:2-4 (21st Century King James Version)

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God, sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh, that the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

The law of sin and death is I believe the ten commandments. We sin because we are human and can't up hold the law. We deserve death because we can't observe the law like God asked. When it says walk according to the spirit I believe it to be follow your conscience. Your conscience always tells you what your doing is right or wrong there for I believe the conscience is the Holy Spirit. So to walk according to the spirit I believe is to do the right thing cause your conscience will let you know if you didn't.

Sorry again to go off on this subject. If you couldn't tell it's one of my passions. Just to be blunt about your question I'd have to answer:

I don't know why they do. Lack of knowing there beliefs would be my best guess.

Rev. Michael T
Soldier for Christ

Belleza
01-10-2005, 06:47 AM
well thanx for answering my question. enough of this forum, im goin to the sex one. ;) hee hee...