PDA

View Full Version : NBA Draft 2007

Sir Bliss
06-28-2007, 06:16 PM
I've been waiting for this day for quite some time. I always look forward to the NBA Draft. I'm a huge NBA fan, and I love seeing how the league undergoes such drastic changes from such a simple event.

Anyone gonna be watching this tonight? It's on at 7 pm EST. Thoughts? Concerns? Opinions?

thcbongman
06-29-2007, 12:05 AM
Hell yeah I'm watching it and it's getting interesting.

No 5. and others to Seattle for Ray Allen.

I think it's a great move for Boston. Their only real hole now is an experienced PG.

I want to hear mac's sentiments!

yoda
06-29-2007, 04:15 AM
portland made the right decision in taking greg oden. championships are won with big men. kevin durant may be really good, but there was a rumor he only lifted 185 during a workout? could he really hold his own against the other big PF's in the NBA like that?

im not really an NBA fan, but i cheer for the wiz since im a maryland man. id of prefer they took sean williams, formerly of boston college, but nick young apparently fits a need? the wiz still need a dominant big man.

thcbongman
06-30-2007, 12:22 AM
Hell yeah Nick Young feeds a need. He can come in immediately and score. He isn't a weak defender, so it's no loss at that end.

Who do we have scoring after Caron, Jamison and Butler? Nobody. He strengths the bench. Although I'm worried because Nick Young went on the podium and said "yea, I'll get better, oo I get to play with Gilbert Arenas" in this like country-boy like accent. I swear that guy was high on draft night lol!

I agree with you I'd rather had them taking Sean Williams, but we gotta develop Blatche, and Peterov is coming over this summer, in addition to Etan and Haywood and Songalia.

40oz
06-30-2007, 12:25 AM
Oden looks like a 45 year old bum

ceecee79
07-05-2007, 04:03 AM
I'm just pleased that my boy, DJ Strawberry went. Terp Fan for life. His prospectus was late 2nd round to undrafted, and I would have been disappointed if he had to play overseas. He is a very good defensive player, and I am glad Phoenix picked him up.

Sir Bliss
07-05-2007, 02:28 PM
Hell yeah man. The Suns picked up some good talent. My guy Alando Tucker went in the first round, and of course, Strawberry in the second. I can't believe DJ went so late, he's going to improve greatly in the future. Give him some time. I honestly could've seen him going late first round, early second.

MacWQ33
07-07-2007, 11:51 AM
I want to hear mac's sentiments!

I think it's a beautiful thing. Exactly what I wanted to happen...even better than expected. Danny isn't done yet though, and I am really hoping he can pull in Camby...possibly sign Brevin Knight, and then we have a very well rounded team and a great shot at the East.

D.Boone
07-11-2007, 04:59 AM
my boy Adam Haluska from the Iowa Hawkeyes got drafted by the hornets hes gonna be good down there

Sir Bliss
07-11-2007, 01:54 PM
The Hornets can use anyone, really. But yeah, I've always viewed Haluska as an underrated big man in college. I'm sure he'll be able to put up some decent minutes in the upcoming season.

Bluntmasterbabe
07-11-2007, 02:02 PM
Not really a basketball fan, but I love Nascar:). Anyone else?

D.Boone
07-11-2007, 03:34 PM
The Hornets can use anyone, really. But yeah, I've always viewed Haluska as an underrated big man in college. I'm sure he'll be able to put up some decent minutes in the upcoming season.

haluska isnt really a big man hes a 6'5" 210 lbs shooting guard

Sir Bliss
07-11-2007, 03:58 PM
haluska isnt really a big man hes a 6'5" 210 lbs shooting guard

wow. I feel dumb as fuck, you're right. I completely forgot he was shorter than 6'9-6'10. Theres something about him that makes him look like he could play the PF position. If he were maybe 6'7, easy.

Wasnt there another player from Iowa considering the draft this year? I could've sworn I mixed up Haluska and someone else...

D.Boone
07-11-2007, 04:02 PM
wow. I feel dumb as fuck, you're right. I completely forgot he was shorter than 6'9-6'10. Theres something about him that makes him look like he could play the PF position. If he were maybe 6'7, easy.

Wasnt there another player from Iowa considering the draft this year? I could've sworn I mixed up Haluska and someone else...

we only lost a couple players this year haluska, mike henderson who was another senior guard. and our outstanding freshman 6-7 Tyler Smith. smith decided he needed to transfer to Tennessee after Steve Alford dipped out to New Mexico. smith was on the freshman all bigten team. tyler smith will be a 1st round draft pick in the nba when he decides to come out.

yoda
07-11-2007, 11:00 PM
I'm just pleased that my boy, DJ Strawberry went. Terp Fan for life. His prospectus was late 2nd round to undrafted, and I would have been disappointed if he had to play overseas. He is a very good defensive player, and I am glad Phoenix picked him up.

hell yeah. strawberry can play some really good d.

yoda
07-11-2007, 11:01 PM
Hell yeah Nick Young feeds a need. He can come in immediately and score. He isn't a weak defender, so it's no loss at that end.

Who do we have scoring after Caron, Jamison and Butler? Nobody. He strengths the bench. Although I'm worried because Nick Young went on the podium and said "yea, I'll get better, oo I get to play with Gilbert Arenas" in this like country-boy like accent. I swear that guy was high on draft night lol!

I agree with you I'd rather had them taking Sean Williams, but we gotta develop Blatche, and Peterov is coming over this summer, in addition to Etan and Haywood and Songalia.

either haywood or thomas, but one of them HAS to go. they always fight and shit. not good for the team, and neither are stellar players anyways.