dirty hippie
06-27-2007, 09:38 AM
Pugs are the shit

BlAzInIt4:20
06-27-2007, 11:33 AM
I like your zong.. it looks awesome..

06-27-2007, 11:34 AM
sry for double post.... pugs as in dog? if so i think they are uglyyyyy little creatures and shouldn't be breathing ...

stinkyattic
06-27-2007, 01:20 PM
sry for double post.... pugs as in dog?....shouldn't be breathing ...

lol ironically one of their most common health problems is an inability to breathe freely with their squished-up snouts

I don't mind them but I'm still puzzled as to why such severe health problems continue to be bred into animals. Even with English bulldogs, there are now a couple breeders who are actively working to rid the breed of its worst health problems, like bad elbows and an inability to deliver pups naturally. I'm not sure if anyone is working with pugs like that.

twoguysupnorth
06-27-2007, 06:03 PM
pugs are cool, we ust adopted one from a friend that couldnt take him where she was moving. pugs were bread by the ancient chinese to look like lions and lived in their temples. as far as why its still going on, its probably just because they are an old breed and want the breed preserved.

stinkyattic
06-27-2007, 07:09 PM
aww don't get me wrong they are certainly cool animals, but it would be great to see only pugs who breathe freely be used as breeding stock, know what I'm saying? Poor little wheezy critters!

twoguysupnorth
06-28-2007, 07:03 PM
yes, i know what you mean. we have 2 boston terriers also. one has a terrible snoring problem, louder than us lol, the other breathes normally. between the 2 of them there is a chorus of snoring at night.

stinkyattic
06-28-2007, 07:19 PM
hey twoguys, have you ever heard of olde boston bulldogges? they are really neat animals. the breed is recent but it is a re-creation of what boston terriers used to be when they were healthier as a breed.
here's a link!
Olde Boston Bulldogge (Old Boston Bulldog) by Bulldog Information (http://www.bulldoginformation.com/Old-boston-bulldog.html)
I'd love to get one someday but I only know of 3 breeders on the CONTINENT!

06-28-2007, 07:27 PM
like the cat says in the movie over the hedge, its for beauty lmao..

Stonermom18
03-22-2009, 06:45 PM
you know someone could be out there thinking your ugly and shouldn't be breathing too, by the way i've owned pugs for years and the are some excellent companions! (great with kids and older people)

Stonermom18
03-22-2009, 06:53 PM
Yes i wish someone could breed the breathing problem out of pgs, but then it might change there look or there personalitie, i love my grandmas pug mephis, hes a pimp. But back when i lived with her, yes, he snored very badly...i thought i got away from that till i adopted my 90+lb pitbull tank, i cant tell whos louder at night, him or my husband! So sometimes, its not the pushed up face but the dog itself maybe.

RIPCLIFF
04-04-2009, 04:06 AM
Yes i wish someone could breed the breathing problem out of pgs, but then it might change there look or there personalitie, i love my grandmas pug mephis, hes a pimp. But back when i lived with her, yes, he snored very badly...i thought i got away from that till i adopted my 90+lb pitbull tank, i cant tell whos louder at night, him or my husband! So sometimes, its not the pushed up face but the dog itself maybe.

I have the perfect solution and I wish everybody could experience her. Jenny is my pug mix. She has the perfect mix with the other half being Italian Grey hound. It's like if you could stretch a pug out about 3 or 4 inches in every direction. She runs super fast like a greyhound, but has the attitude(and laziness) of a pug.

viridis
04-26-2009, 12:35 AM
I like pugs a lot, but I'll take your pug and raise him 1 french bulldog.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e315/chondrogal/dogs/Patton0409a.jpg

~viridis~

xhookahtimex
04-22-2010, 06:25 PM
indeed they are !! I have a pug myself!!! His name is Snickerdoodle (AKA Snicki Minaj Marley.)
post a pic of yours !!! Here's mine:

http://i39.tinypic.com/2dj8lg5.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/atx47s.jpg