PDA

View Full Version : whats your childhood sport?

BlAzInIt4:20
06-27-2007, 09:24 AM
When i was younger i was in softball. One of the best in the leagues, I had two scholar ships but lost them when i dropped out of school. Whats your childhood sport??:D

Thought it was a good idea for a different thread.

psteve
06-27-2007, 09:26 AM
Frisbee.
I was on my High School team.

Darth Vapor
06-27-2007, 09:27 AM
Loved playing baseball. Loved, and still love, watching American football.

Its a Plant
06-27-2007, 09:38 AM
Soccer, basketball, and baseball....in that order. I still LOVE soccer and play in college...I opted out of basketball freshman year...and baseball...haha well...all I was good for was an arm.

I am a southpaw and back then there weren't many in the league. My hitting, however, was flat out terrible. I was, and probably still am, scared to actually step up to the plate and belt one. Pssh I had a pretty wicked curve ball though. ~

rainbows.rsexy
06-27-2007, 09:49 AM
2 seasons. t-ball, 3 seas. soccer, 1 seas. baseball, 4 seas. swim team (backstroker), 4 years. paintball, 4 seasons water polo (totally against my will) my mom's coworker's sons were on the high school team and she made me join all 4 years of high school. We were winners (4 league championships and CIF div. 3 champs my junior year), i mostly rode the bench, but I got to experience the beloved underwater kicks to the bread-basket, and bangs to my head. I got to witness the horror of one guy's gushing-broken nose and another's nearly dislocated jaw along with their sobbing like a child.

the year after i graduated high school, the water polo team lost the cif championship, in sudden death over time

later that year, the goalie shot himself in the head with a shotgun...i shit u not!

Juggnoxalo
06-27-2007, 09:52 AM
basketball
skateboarding
baseball
marijuana smoking
slamball on the trampoline

some of my childhood sports..

LIP
06-27-2007, 10:43 AM
Well, when i was a kid in primary school i won the sack race every single year i was there.

Other sports include, football [real football] Rugby, base ball [didnt actually play it, but if we had the ball on us the cops couldnt accuse us of carrying offfensive weapons, and hockey.

birdgirl73
06-27-2007, 03:00 PM
Swimming
Softball
Basketball

geonagual
06-27-2007, 03:06 PM
I played baseball for almost 10 years growing up..In Florida the have summer and winter leagues and I played in both. My claim to fame in baseball is the Grand Slam that I hit to win the game in the playoffs when I was 12..then the next year I was in the senior league and was on the 13 year old all star team and we ended up 2nd in the state of Florida..

napolitana869
06-27-2007, 03:09 PM
I played softball for 2 years. I wasnt very good. I was more of a theater kid

Psycho4Bud
06-27-2007, 03:12 PM
Swimming (Jr. Lifesaver), Tennis, Bowling

Have a good one!

xcrispi
06-27-2007, 03:13 PM
14 yrs of baseball ,
I had a 94 mph fastball at 15 yrs old and kids were terrified of me . 1 pitch hi/inside -n- kids wouldn't even get in the batters box . :D
Peace
Crispi :jointsmile:

Adrenaline Rush
06-27-2007, 03:15 PM
Soccer. My dad put me in soccer when i was a kid. I was the leading scorer, but it may have had something to do with the fact that I was older than most of the kids in my group.

Reefer Rogue
06-27-2007, 03:20 PM
Football, (soccer), best sport in the world. I don't play as much as i should because i'm usually too high. I love it though.

Kenn
06-27-2007, 03:24 PM
Great idea for a thread blazin............My school days were spent enjoying athletics..sprinting,javelin ,high jump and long jump. We used to have huge competitons betwen all the schools,great times great fun:thumbsup:

bucknuts1870
06-27-2007, 03:26 PM
Football and Lacrosse. The two best sports.

stinkyattic
06-27-2007, 03:27 PM
hockey (pond hockey!) when I was little- mom wouldn't let me play in school- so i did soccer.

VaporDaddy
06-27-2007, 03:35 PM
When I was about 4 I played Tee Ball but I quit Because I was affraid I would forget which way to run and everyone would laugh at me.
After that, Hockey, Soccer, Lacrosse,Football.:jointsmile:

friendowl
06-27-2007, 03:44 PM
football----linebacker

baseball------ catcher

big pimping

Nochowderforyou
06-27-2007, 04:20 PM
I never cared much for sports, but my folks put me in soccer when I was younger. Most of the time I wasn't paying attention in the game. I prefered sitting, on the grass, and investigating gopher holes around me. Hanging off the goal posts, just whatever.

weedmaster
06-27-2007, 04:39 PM
cross country pb 4th out of 250 in county championship, also played football (soccer) goalkeeper, don't play football anymore but i am heavily involved in running both my kids football teams.

hempplaya
06-27-2007, 04:45 PM
played soccer, baseball, and bowling (still bowl have ~200avg :cool:)quiit playing soccer when i went into high school and quit baseball about the same time too.

go toke up
06-27-2007, 04:56 PM
football, still play it today too

06-27-2007, 05:14 PM
when i was in t-ball the kids would run off the field ball in hand... when i was 13 i once broke the pitchers hand, hit a line drive straight to her . she caught it and it snapped her wrist in half, stupid ass.. For some reason i didn't feel sorry its the game i was always so pumped, loved those double plays to, my positions were first and short stop. SEE i new we all had some child sport.. im still waiting for the guy whos parents didn't let him out of the house :D

stinkyattic
06-27-2007, 05:19 PM
SEE i new we all had some child sport.. im still waiting for the guy whos parents didn't let him out of the house :D
He's still living in their basement at age 34 playing antique video games on the atari emulator he wrote for linux....

Spoken Word
06-27-2007, 05:34 PM
I was the colombian dads little soccer player.
I was pretty good too..........:(

i want my son to play football though....i mean, if he wants to. I wont expect anything like that from him.

ghosty
06-27-2007, 06:48 PM
From MN, so naturally I played hockey in the winter (man hockey days were good days). I also played baseball for many years.

Now I play Disc Golf, (nothing like a sport that actually provides benches to sit and smoke on out on the course).. i would play hockey too but i gotta buy some new equipment.

budsmoker only
06-27-2007, 07:13 PM
baseball and basketball mainly....

baseball i would play any position, except second base, i dunnowhy i just couldnt play it... but i was a decent pitcher, i didnt have the most speed on my pitches (it wasnt slow) but i could hit a point no problem, i was very accurate...

basketball i played everything, i was tall but not like super huge so i would play guard a lot cuz i was a good ball handler and shit....

i wish i woulda played highschool sports but freshman yr i didnt have the grades and sophomore year i got surgery on my foot....

CanaDanKs Inc.
06-27-2007, 07:23 PM
Climbing rocks!

I've been a monkey since birth and always loved it. :D

I love the training it provides me, both physical and mental.

LIP
06-27-2007, 07:29 PM
When i played baseball [and now i supose] i was one of those guys that either missed the ball completely, or i batted it out of the feild.

wayoftheleaf
06-27-2007, 07:33 PM
Baseball, swimming, bowling.

BabyFacedAbortion
06-27-2007, 07:49 PM
I did cheerleading..
for a year.

then dropped out and became PUNK RAWWWKKK.

Hell yeah.

mamma puffpuff420
06-28-2007, 03:57 AM
swimming was my fav. sport

yoda
06-28-2007, 04:01 AM
played soccer for 4-5 years. always wore #4, so that's how it became my favorite number. i played baseball once, but my coach was an asshole.

WhereDaBudAt
06-28-2007, 04:08 AM
baseball was the sport i loved to play

Dro_Princess
06-28-2007, 04:37 AM
I was a Volleyball and Basketball player. I done the Basketball during elementary and middle school and was actually on the All Star Team for the boys a girls club where we placed second in our region. In High School I fell in love with volleyball. I still love that game and am putting up a net in the yard this Sunday.

BizzleLuvin
06-28-2007, 04:41 AM
dinghy sailing. Lasers, F-J's, 420's (lol thats actually the name of the boat), and Opti's.

06-28-2007, 05:14 AM
I was a Volleyball and Basketball player. I done the Basketball during elementary and middle school and was actually on the All Star Team for the boys a girls club where we placed second in our region. In High School I fell in love with volleyball. I still love that game and am putting up a net in the yard this Sunday.

I was in all stars too :thumbsup: five years in a row it was so awesome we traveled every were. always made it to champion game too. lost 2 won 3. I still have the trophies my father keeps them because he knows i will jsut lose them. or they will get broken. One year i was in the all stars and i was designated batter, The coach used me just to hit games and get runs in. she wouldn't play me at all i was so pissed, and started missing balls on purpose it was so unfair. I worked hard to get their. she did this because she found out i went to midnight bowling across the street from my house when i was 14 and that i smoked pot, she said i was a bad image on the team.. fuck that i did my shit, and i was good at it, she could of just let me play... at least i was staying out of trouble.

also i plan to start up again going an adults womans team, and playing at one of the parks maybe. maybe this upcoming season.

06-28-2007, 05:16 AM
dinghy sailing. Lasers, F-J's, 420's (lol thats actually the name of the boat), and Opti's.

That looks like so much fun, iv always wanted to try but never got a chance. Iv been wake boarding though and i absolutely love it.. i still cant flip in the air though, i try and always eat shit in the water current of the boat.:stoned:

BokingTowls
06-28-2007, 06:33 AM
i qualified and went to state diving competition in high school. you have to be proud to sport the speedo.

ghosty
06-28-2007, 07:08 AM
no one else played hockey?

beachguy in thongs
06-28-2007, 12:12 PM
Shortstop in baseball, earned a scholarship, guard in basketball, water on my knee in football, wished for hockey, and a trak-ball game that my friends and I invented for my front yard.

rainbows.rsexy
06-28-2007, 12:48 PM
when i was in t-ball the kids would run off the field ball in hand... when i was 13 i once broke the pitchers hand, hit a line drive straight to her . she caught it and it snapped her wrist in half, stupid ass.. For some reason i didn't feel sorry its the game i was always so pumped, loved those double plays to, my positions were first and short stop. SEE i new we all had some child sport.. im still waiting for the guy whos parents didn't let him out of the house :D

i remember swinging several strikes at tball games....

baseball was even more fun

i luved sliding and using a wooden bat at little league games

07-29-2007, 06:59 AM
sliding was the best but i would always have bruises from it on the account i have some hips lol...

rebgirl420
07-29-2007, 07:02 AM
Softball, I was first base and I was MVP my first year. And bowling.

REEFERDREAMZ
07-29-2007, 07:13 AM
I was softball too, and V-Ball. I still play,well havent the last two years. I want to play again, put it on my to do list......... still play volleyball for fun, alot, ane frisbee golf.:jointsmile:

PHATTY LUMPKINS
07-29-2007, 07:20 AM
BaseBall, And Football. Varsity up to ninth grade. Pot became my sport after that.

greatmuta
07-29-2007, 10:29 AM
Football (soccer) was my main childhood sport. But also played basketball, american football, and baseball.:pimp:

Blitzed
07-29-2007, 11:00 AM
I started wrestling when I was 7, started playing soccer when I was 8 or 9. I quit playing soccor when I was in 5th grade, and started playing american football. Played football till my sophmore year, quit wrestling when I was a jr.

thoughtwriter
07-29-2007, 11:31 AM
through out the years i've done...

tap, jazz, ballet, soccer, volleyball, track, dance team

thcbongman
07-29-2007, 01:28 PM
Wow where do I start?

My most athletic period of my life was when I was 11-13. I did everything, played on teams for Basketball, Soccer, Track, Swimming, Skiing, At that age, I was an incredibly good endurance runner for my age. Got 2nd in the 800m, 1500m a couple of times, participated in one winning 100x4 relay. Won a cross-country event.

Shitty thing is I gave that all up when I was 14 and let myself get fat for a while.

13thirteen
07-29-2007, 01:31 PM
Gymnastics

Ganj
07-29-2007, 02:01 PM
It was American football for me. Then I went to high school where the coaches expectations dulled my enthusiasm for the game. Oh well! I can still enjoy a little offense-defense with my brother. Boy would I like to hit someone though.

04-04-2009, 09:48 PM
revive this thread keep it goin !!