PDA

View Full Version : RIP Osama

Dro_Princess
06-23-2007, 03:18 AM
Let me give you a little back ground on our beloved cat Osama.

When we first bought this place and moved in we unknowingly adopted a cat. He wasn't very friendly at first, never let us get within 10 feet of him, and would kick our dogs asses and our other cats asses. We named him Osama because he was like a terrorist and would ambush all the other animals. Osama only had three legs and he was a huge tom cat his head was like a soft ball.

Over the course of 4 years he has become part of the family. It took him about a year for him to lets us comfortably pet him and pick him up. He recently started to willingly step inside the door. I, on a few occasions, brought him in the house and lets just say he freaked out.

Every morning at 2:30 my husband would go outside, feed and pet him. He met us at the car when we would get home and loved for us to scratch his head especially around his ears. His woman was our other cat Duchess. She is a siamese with ice blue eyes, and he was a stripped tabby looking cat. They had a few litters together before she got fixed, and they were beautiful kittens. You would find them both sleeping on the picnic table under our oak tree.

Last night at 9 I went outside and pet him, put some milk out for him and he was fine. At 2:30 this morning my husband went out to feed him. He didn't want any cat food which is unusual, and he looked really really skinny.
My husband came home at 5:00 and found him balled up and looked like he was sleeping. He reached down to pet him and knew something was wrong. He was still warm and wasn't stiff at all, so he hadn't been dead long. We toked to his memory tonight, and I just wanted share his story and how much we really fell in love with our little terrorist.

Rip Osama

Skink
06-23-2007, 03:21 AM
Tear...

CannabisCrooz
06-23-2007, 03:29 AM
heh i thought this was gonna be some breaking news report about finding osama bin ladens body in some cave rotting.

sounds like a cool cat, kinda the edgy bad ass livin life on the edge type cat. and beating up dogs with only three legs!?! :cool: thats a cool cat.

For some reason I keep imagining like an old bad ass vietnam war vet mixed with a pirate and cat, with an eye patch going around beating the shit out of all the animals in the area. but than he developed a soft spot and grew to love a quieter life, his days of picking fights are well over. settled down and had some kids. what a G!

RIP Osama, losing pets sucks :(

Dro_Princess
06-23-2007, 03:31 AM
LOL Cannabis. Your totally right. He was a bad ass cat. Thanks for the laugh.

What really is bugging me more than anything is why he died, he went so fast. From the time we noticed him not feeling well to when he died was less than 24 hours. We don't know how old he was but thought he was around 10 maybe older. What could have killed him so fast, an organ shutting down? If he had a disease wouldn't it have been a drawn out process?

Either way I like to try and look on the bright side. I tell myself that at least I know that for the last 4 years he was well feed and taken care of. It sucks when a pet dies so easy to get attached and make them part of the family.

I wonder if Duchess will notice him missing and grieve, cause they were tight.

vingt.trois
06-23-2007, 05:58 AM
I know it sounds sick, but what might've happened is that the little guy ate some poisoned meat. There are some random jerks out there who throw pieces of meat that they doused in antifreeze or rat poison into yards with pets, who eat them, get sick, and die within hours. It's almost too ridiculous to suggest, but it happened to my aunt's dog and a few years later to my friend's dog.

My first post, by the way. I'm new to toking and these boards alike. :)

Dro_Princess
06-24-2007, 01:37 AM
I know it sounds sick, but what might've happened is that the little guy ate some poisoned meat. There are some random jerks out there who throw pieces of meat that they doused in antifreeze or rat poison into yards with pets, who eat them, get sick, and die within hours. It's almost too ridiculous to suggest, but it happened to my aunt's dog and a few years later to my friend's dog.

My first post, by the way. I'm new to toking and these boards alike. :)

First off welcome to the canna.com family.

Second I myself have thought about the possibility of him getting poisoned but I'm pretty sure he wasn't. You see I live out in the sticks and don't have any neighbors. Osama lived on the porch, and he had never been missing for more than one day. I wish I knew what could have happened to him.

JeKo
06-24-2007, 02:06 AM
RIP Osama, rest in peace

i shall mention his name in the next toke i partake

Melkane
06-24-2007, 02:13 AM
Well he might have just been older. Stray cats usually have shorter life spans not only for accidents occuring but just the strain of always living a harder life, over indoor cats. From your description of him, he seemed like a pretty battle worn cat. As cannabis suggested a war vet of sorts. Look at it this way too, by taking him in and caring for him you not only gave him love and attention he probably wanted/needed but you probably extended his life a couple years at least and they sound like they were happy years for him.

I've lost 2 cats in the last 4 years. 2 years ago I lost my 5-6 year old cat Clea (a stray I took in as well) to cancer. A year or so before that I lost my cat Bear that I had in the family all the teen years, he died of old age, he was 13 (A persian so it's normal for his breed)

marijuanaisgood
04-11-2008, 09:59 AM
R.I.P osama. dude i lost so many cats birds hamsters ive lost all kinds of animals there all mostly buried in my back yard, they all died of either being sick or sum disease or getting hit by cars. its like a pet cemetary in my backyard but there are no "marked graves"