PDA

View Full Version : Tony Hawks Proving Ground

budsmoker only
06-19-2007, 12:30 AM
so i guess there is gonna be another tony hawk game, the ninth in the series of them....
this one is gonna be based on the east coast and is gonna mainly be in philadelphia, baltimore, and the DC area....
im lookin forward to this game, i always like the tony hawks even tho a couple of them were wack (thug 2 for instance)....

Tony Hawk's Proving Ground First Impressions - Xbox 360 News at GameSpot (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/tonyhawksprovingground/news.html?sid=6172539&mode=previews)

thats where i got my info, it says its gonna come out sometime this fall...
now the question is, which will be better "skate" or "proving ground"... hmmm imma cop em both....

Jinxxx
07-06-2007, 03:01 PM
Nice one! lll be keeping ears out for this one.

You play Project8 At all? Get to try the trick creation mode thing?

TOOL9
07-06-2007, 03:18 PM
I really wish they would stop making these games...

budsmoker only
07-07-2007, 04:00 AM
jinxxx...

ya project 8 is pretty tight... what trick creation mode? i dunno if i know what your talkin bout.....

tool9,
how come?

AtmanWalter
07-07-2007, 04:20 AM
My favorite is still the first one, had the best sound track and was jsut fun to play :)

tom_mate
07-09-2007, 06:18 PM
Project 8 is awesome, the best one since Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2.

Divadish
07-10-2007, 06:14 AM
Wrong thread ><

Jinxxx
07-10-2007, 01:41 PM
Ya know, the closeup mode where you can spin the board in different ways by pressing different buttons and timing them right?

Ive only played it on the PSP. What platform you guys playing it on?

THPS2 was the shiiiiiz man, That game got me into skating back in high school LOL. Played all the THPS series... Never really got into THUG games though.

Anyone wish that theyd make a game a little more true to life of skating? Especially in the physics side... Make it more about landing the trick properly as apose to just how big a trick ya can pull. Or is that just me? =]

Blaze.

budsmoker only
07-10-2007, 06:08 PM
Ya know, the closeup mode where you can spin the board in different ways by pressing different buttons and timing them right?

Ive only played it on the PSP. What platform you guys playing it on?

THPS2 was the shiiiiiz man, That game got me into skating back in high school LOL. Played all the THPS series... Never really got into THUG games though.

Anyone wish that theyd make a game a little more true to life of skating? Especially in the physics side... Make it more about landing the trick properly as apose to just how big a trick ya can pull. Or is that just me? =]

Blaze.

oh ya i think yoru talkin bout nail the trick mode.... its alright, i never really used it ot tell the truth except for when there was a challenge that made me use it.... i mean it looks kinda tight... but i dunno....

supposedly the new EA game "skate" is sposed to be pretty realistic and all that good stuff... and i personally would love to have a game like htat, cuz skatin it fuckin hard.... i dunno if a lot of people realize that, im sure they do but still...

and i gotta agree THPS 2 was the best, it had the best levels and was just the funnest..... damn i miss that game...

KingsBlend420
07-10-2007, 08:53 PM
Skate is supposed to be extremely realistic. It's completely the opposite of Tony Hawk games, where it's not all about busting out these huge combos. The controls for Skate look like a pain though, so this upcoming Tony Hawk game will definitely be my next sports buy. I was checking out the screenshots and it looks really the same as Project 8, thank god the world is 3x bigger though!

420_s.w.e.d.
08-25-2007, 03:24 AM
I personally liked underground because of the way you can be a pro. I cant wait for this game!:jointsmile:

4gan2ja0
08-25-2007, 04:03 AM
yeeee thps2 thats the shit right there... havent played many skate games since thug...i hear skates supposed to be good though