PDA

View Full Version : Hydro recommendations.Noob help

juanskee
01-03-2005, 07:16 PM
I'm looking for convienence in a hydro-system. I dont want to be checking on plants everyday. Though I prolly will, I just want to look and not have to fiddle with something here and there and get this just right. Just add water feeder,pebbles & plant.

Also a reliable system, I beleive the roots will fry if the system breaks down.

How does one have the lights turn off if the pump turns off. Anyone ever fry their plants before with hydro?

Also any books or sites recommended?

Garden Knowm
01-04-2005, 05:52 AM
There are a bunch of super easy systems out there.. many great eb and flow trays...

I would also recomend the Aquamist System. Pretty darn easy. In the begining when plants are not drinking to much water, these systems can be left alone for 10 days. Actually, you can leave them alone for longer but if you don't add nutrients then they will really begin to slow down (not get bigger).

One time I left plants in an aquamist system alone for 3 weeks. They looked great when I returned but they only grew an inch. It was like they were frozen.

If you get a good PH and PPH meter (electric $200) you will be very happy. These meters will give you the comfort of knowing that your plants are happy..... These meters let you know how much food(pph) is in the water and if the plant has access to the food(ph)

If ya wanna see some aquamist systems in action,
check out the trailer at

http://www.seemorebuds.com

juanskee
01-04-2005, 09:31 AM
I decided I'm going for the aquaponic system. I will build my own as such. Let the pump take care of em and sit back. The future of growing looks good. :)

http://www.overgrow.com/edge/showthread.php?threadid=323361

Garden Knowm
01-04-2005, 10:28 PM
I checked out the link.. Looks cool.. and you'll learn a ton more about growing by building your own system.. congrats and good luck : )

vegasgrower
01-07-2005, 08:57 PM
If you think you can leave your plants alone in a hydro system for 10 days or so, grow in soil, since you are somewhat new to hydro, you have much to learn and observing how your plants grow is the best teacher,I have grown more then 50 crops and I am still learning.