PDA

View Full Version : Help with my laptop

passitplz
06-09-2007, 06:10 AM
my laptop just stopped playin sound for some reason. i have no clue why and its really pissin me off. i know alot of you are much more than just computer alliterate so any help would be appreciated and repped lol. i was listening to music yesterday and today i cant hear anything out of my speakers. it isnt muted and the volume is turned up. i have microsoft windows and ive checked everything to the best of my knowledge.

thx to all

passitplz
06-09-2007, 06:22 AM
dont think so i just got this laptop for christmas

Nightcrewman
06-09-2007, 06:59 AM
Are you listening through speakers or headphones check that they are working it might not be laptop.Worth a try,

NCM

Raelum
07-07-2007, 07:52 PM
another thing you can try is to RIGHT CLICK "My Computer" and goto "Manage" then "Device Manager"

Once there you should see all the hardware on your laptop, sometimes drivers get corrupted or you could just have a hardware failure.

Under the Sound tab, see if any of the components have a Yellow Exclamation mark next to them, if so post which component its in and the error that its receiving.

You could also try updating the drivers and see if that solves your problem, goto your manufacturers website (IE: dell, HP, Toshiba, etc) and then to support & download, type in your computers model number (NOT series number) series number will be on the top of the computer and easily seen, like HP Pavililion dv2000 your model number will be more like HP Pavilion dv2556us and can normally be found on a sticker on the bottom of your laptop.

after typing that, find the correct sound driver and download and install it.

if you need any more help, let me know... ill check back here later.

~Raelum