PDA

View Full Version : So many Sony fans here...I just have to ask. Why? (Long Read)

Melkane
06-06-2007, 07:56 PM
:wtf:

I notice such a large % of gamers on here support the PS3(Sony) over the other consoles. I'm surprisingly shocked.

I mean last generation with the PS2, the only thing that held it above the rest of the competition was the fact it had a years head start on everything but the Dreamcast, it had it's namesake to ride on. Third parties were already established on Sonys hardware because the user base was there. And gamers stayed because the third parties were there (vicious circle). The PS2 was difficult to program for, besides the Dreamcast was the spec wise the weakest console along side being the most problematic console ever in gaming history as far as the % of breakdowns go due to the infamous DRE problem. (I myself had 3 PS2s fall victim to this, that's right 3 Paystation 2s) most of which would occur a year+ after buying said console so the official Sony warranty was no longer valid. Add to that the number of broken promises from internet browsing to the biggest shame, the promises of the Harddrive, it only eventually came out late in the PS2s life(only because Square pushed for it for FFXI) and was only ever used for a couple games and since no developers supported it for their games, you could only store games saves on it, not actually save your game saves to it directly like Xbox.

Moving to the PSP, and the sheer arrogance of Sony. The faulty and not as responsive square button issue, and Sony had the balls to tell gamers to "deal with it" they manufactured it that way because of the screen size and they weren't changing the design.

Sony also has become increasingly harsh to third party developers during the PS2 era and look at this gen, look at how many companies are taking their games multi-console this gen. Devil May Cry 4, Grand Theft Auto IV (been on other consoles, but Sony always got it first, this time they aren't and 360 is getting sizeable amounts of exclusive content) Assassins Creed once scheduled to be a Sony only title now on the 360. UT3 went to the 360 as well.... Sony has their first party games, Metal Gear Solid 4(which you know will end up multiconsole just like all the other Metal Gear Solid titles and Final Fantasy (and Square has already stated they are looking at going more multiconsole this next gen, which could very well mean Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts going multiconsole as well before its over) FFXI is already on the 360.

Looking at the PS3, Sony has fumbled out of the gate. A $600 price tag for a console for starters is absolutely absurd. Console gaming has always, always been about having gaming machine that's affordable for those that don't want to spend the money on a high end PC. Then again had the balls to say that gamers will pay whatever they charge. For $200 less you can get the Xbox 360 that as far as gaming goes has shown to be able to produce damn near the same quality games (spec wise). They introduced their PS3-arang controller to the public only to pull it and blatantly rip off Nintendo's Wii controller with a rushed "motion sensor" gimmick (and no initial rumble in any controller I might add, a standard in gaming today)

Again I ask why support the PS3 and Sony?

slipknotpsycho
06-06-2007, 08:06 PM
ok yal need to make up your minds... everytime i point out 360 has had a years head start everyone says it doesn't matter, now you're telling me it does matter just cuz this time it's sony with the headstart...?

i still stick with what i have said, but atleast i'm one man enough to admit the machines are equal, performance wise.

yes, it's expensive and it's cuz of the damned blueray drive in it.... a blueray player alone can cost the same as the ps3 does... they fucked up by putting it standard and subsequently drasticly increasing the price... but the price is more than fair. just look up how much a blue ray drive is for pc, or a blueray player...

360 is still like 400 bucks, so ps3 is 200 more... you ain't gonna find any blueray player for 200...

Melkane
06-06-2007, 08:10 PM
...I'm a HDDVD supporter personally.

AsianStoner420
06-06-2007, 08:15 PM
Why support Sony Ps3??? bcoz... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqt6cLko_dc

4twentE
07-19-2007, 06:56 AM
I support none of the new consoles. My X Box turned to crap real shortly after I bought it. The CD drawer quit working. Sometimes I have to fumble with it for a while before I can get it open. I heard they didn't fix that on the 360 either. I don't even want to know how long the average PS3 lasts before one of the 8 processors fries itself. And $600 for a game console? Fuck that. Better come with a blow job a day for a year. I still like the old skool systems: Atari, Super Nintendo (the original NES was cool too but broke too easily. you remember having to blow out the cartridges?), N64, Sega. Those were the good consoles. Why did we ever stray from the cartridges to CD and DVD based consoles. Cartridges operated so much faster and were so much tougher than these damn CDs. We figured out how to fit gigs and gigs of solid state memory into really small flash drives, something CDs can't touch. The newer game consoles are all overengineered pieces of crap. I might upgrade to one of today's systems when tomorrow's are released and the price drops dramatically. But I'll still always be a die hard Atari fan.

Melkane
07-19-2007, 07:35 AM
Well we moved from cartridges because

1. CD's are cheaper to make. Carts are actually pretty expensive to mass produce, one of the reasons why games were really expensive back in the cart days.
2. There is massive amounts of more room on a CD than on a cart. Which is why during the Playstation/N64 generation. Playstation games generally had much better audio quality and had cgi/fmv movie sequences over carts. This is even more so now with Dual Layered DVDs and Sonys mega spaced Blu Ray discs. You couldn't make a HD game on a cart...

If you haven't noticed though gaming is slowly looking to take a "downloadable" route. It is very likely that a few gens down the road you won't actually buy a "physical" new game you will just download it from say Xbox Live or PS3 Home and play it right from your HDD. We are already doing this with classic games. (Which I'm surprised you aren't aboard for this generation which caters a lot to old school gamers with Xbox Live Arcade or Nintendo Wii's Virtual Console. Which offer official downloads of classic games and in the case of Live Microsoft adds online/multiplayer play into the classics making them even more fun to play than before.

Asianstoner: I've seen that video before. My 360 is buggy to, just this past weekend my 360 shut down and gave me the 3 red rings of doom for a moment which indicates a future death sentence for my 360. However Microsoft is really going out of their way for these issues I called them about it. They found the problem (a problem thats a potential flaw in all 360s made up until this point) they are fixing them for future models, they are extending warranties on the older machines for 3 years. They are offering free repairs to anyone that receives the 3 red ring of death lights. So if you got a 360 the most you'd have to worry about is having to send it in for a couple weeks at some point. Hell I made the mistake of not registering my 360 when I bought it 6 months ago, when I called MS this week to ask about my 3 red light problem, the guy on the phone registered my 360 right then and there without giving me the run around. They could have told me I was out of luck and would have to pay out my ass since I didn't register back when I bought it, but they didn't.

slipknotpsycho
07-19-2007, 07:36 AM
Well we moved from cartridges because

1. CD's are cheaper to make. Carts are actually pretty expensive to mass produce, one of the reasons why games were really expensive back in the cart days. 2. There is massive amounts of more room on a CD than on a cart. Which is why during the Playstation/N64 generation. Playstation games generally had much better audio quality and had cgi/fmv movie sequences over carts. This is even more so now with Dual Layered DVDs and Sonys mega spaced Blu Ray discs. You couldn't make a HD game on a cart...

If you haven't noticed though gaming is slowly looking to take a "downloadable" route. It is very likely that a few gens down the road you won't actually buy a "physical" new game you will just download it from say Xbox Live or PS3 Home and play it right from your HDD. We are already doing this with classic games. (Which I'm surprised you aren't aboard for this generation which caters a lot to old school gamers with Xbox Live Arcade or Nintendo Wii's Virtual Console. Which offer official downloads of classic games and in the case of Live Microsoft adds online/multiplayer play into the classics making them even more fun to play than before.

Asianstoner: I've seen that video before. My 360 is buggy to, just this past weekend my 360 shut down and gave me the 3 red rings of doom for a moment which indicates a future death sentence for my 360. However Microsoft is really going out of their way for these issues I called them about it. They found the problem (a problem thats a potential flaw in all 360s made up until this point) they are fixing them for future models, they are extending warranties on the older machines for 3 years. They are offering free repairs to anyone that receives the 3 red ring of death lights. So if you got a 360 the most you'd have to worry about is having to send it in for a couple weeks at some point. Hell I made the mistake of not registering my 360 when I bought it 6 months ago, when I called MS this week to ask about my 3 red light problem, the guy on the phone registered my 360 right then and there without giving me the run around. They could have told me I was out of luck and would have to pay out my ass since I didn't register back when I bought it, but they didn't.

dunno if you've checked.... but if anything games have got more expensive (even including the increases in pay raises and such)

Melkane
07-19-2007, 07:49 AM
Actually that's wrong, prices haven't moved much in years.

Cart games of the NES/SNES era cost anywhere from $50 - $80 for some SNES games.

Games now on disc based formats cost last gen only $40-$50 and this gen have increased to $60. If you were to figure inflation, we should be paying MUCH MUCH more for games today. The reason we don't is because of disc based media being cheaper than carts. Game prices raised about $10 this last gen because game development costs have risen to near movie level production prices.

slipknotpsycho
07-19-2007, 09:29 AM
Actually that's wrong, prices haven't moved much in years.

Cart games of the NES/SNES era cost anywhere from $50 - $80 for some SNES games.

Games now on disc based formats cost last gen only $40-$50 and this gen have increased to $60. If you were to figure inflation, we should be paying MUCH MUCH more for games today. The reason we don't is because of disc based media being cheaper than carts. Game prices raised about $10 this last gen because game development costs have risen to near movie level production prices.

um.. dude you's tripping.... even new releases were like 30 bucks....

Melkane
07-19-2007, 01:09 PM
Before the NES, before video game market crash in the early 80s. Atari and other like them were $30-$40 which is like $70-$80 today factoring in inflation. In the days of Nintendo and Sega games were $50+ which if you factored in inflation would be about $90-$100 today. Games today are cheaper than games of the past, a large part of that has to due with the changing of cart based media to disc based media.

I distinctly remember my father buying me Super Mario Bros 3 brand new when it first came out for $50.

I'm still trying to scour the internet for old school pricing for further proof. But I'm 100% certain games back in the day cost around $50 and they were commonly on SNES that were upwards of $80-$100.

Melkane
07-19-2007, 01:20 PM
Here's an article from late 2004 that states how video game prices for the past 20 years have stayed relatively the same and resisted inflation and that great AAA titles have always cost around $50 but here this new generation gaming prices are being hiked by about $10 per game now.

Video game prices about to rise - Sep. 30, 2004 (http://money.cnn.com/2004/09/29/commentary/game_over/column_gaming/index.htm)

Melkane
07-19-2007, 02:15 PM
Keep in mind some games are older so are lower priced but look closely at the list and see all the $49.95 games, hell damn near half the games are still $45.

Hell there's even one listed at $54.95....

:S3:

Diary of a Madman
07-19-2007, 03:24 PM
Yeah, people forget that Atari, Intellevision, and NES were $250 off the shelf when they were released. I distinctively remember STreet Fighter II and MOrtal Kombat II being $80 from electronics botique when I was in middle school.

I spent $40 on metroid and Super MArio II each, with my own lawnmowing money,

slipknotpsycho
07-19-2007, 08:29 PM
wow.... ok i guess my memory is just shit.....

Blitzed
07-19-2007, 09:04 PM
I dunno how hard you guys treat your systems, but I've had the same PS2 since a year after release, and it just now started to give me problems. I personally plan to buy a PS3 sometime next year when the price is down, and can get some of the old games for cheap. Only reason as I see sony making more games towards the end, and i plan to keep it for a relativly long time.

BlAzInIt4:20
07-19-2007, 09:16 PM
wow.... ok i guess my memory is just shit.....

No games were much cheaper. The newer the console the more the game. ONLY MAKES SENCE !!!

And as for the ps3, i think its off the hook. Has anyone watched the blue ray on that shit OMg beautiful picture. BUT if you dont have the surround sound making your seats shake in your living room, and a flat screen hd tv. The your not able to enjoy the ps3 to its fullest. I think its a beautiful system. I know more then 5 people that have the shit and absolutly love it. No complaints not even about its price.

Xbox360 i honestly believe dosnt compare. the ps3 is sharp..

ZeldaG.
07-19-2007, 10:41 PM
hahahaha how off-topic can you get hahaha lol :D

Fissle
07-19-2007, 11:50 PM
your probably an xbox representative, or just someone with no life, or have bad luck

I had a ps2. lasted me four years of hard gaming until I dropped it and smashed it. never once had a problem with it

I bought another ps2 soon after that around 2005- still have it to this day

I also have a PSP. I love it, and haven't had a single problem with it. it has worked flawlessly, and havent had a 'box' problem.

oh and I also bought myself a ps3 and I am in love. the gfx, gameplay and style dont even compare to the 360. I get internet, watch movies, uploaded my entire ipod of music to it, bunch of fun game demos, and all my favorite video game trailers. like GTA IV

stop being negitive nancy and accept sony will always dominate the gaming world

peace

slipknotpsycho
07-20-2007, 03:33 AM
i'm not so quick to say that either is better....

but anyone who says the ps3 is a peice of shit, obviously has no idea what they're talking about...

it's a good clean system... i got tired of all this fanboy loyality crap awhile back, tha'ts why i don't really argue/debate this stuff anymore... but i'm not afraid to say that anyone who says ps3 just sucks doesn't know what they're tlaking about....

the price is bad, and so is the blu-ray coming standard.... probably two of the biggest mistakes sony made with the ps3... but the system is stable, the glitches within games are even less present then the prior consoles, the controllers have really been upgraded since ps2... (i've broken so many l2 and r2 buttons on ps2... but the way they made them on the sixaxis it'd be pretty hard to do unless you were trying to do it purposely)

then there's that.. the sixaxis controller.... the battery life is phenomenol.... even after 12 hours worth the game play i've only got one of the 3 bars on the battery life indicator to go down... and since they come standard wireless that's a plus... even if you had your battery die you could still plug it up with the usb cable and play... and there's no problem with the signal either... i can walk outside and still press buttons on the controller and it'll pick it up.

oh and BF, it may not be the ONLY factor in it, but the fact that 360 was out for an entire year before ps3 DEFINATELY plays a factor in how many are sold...

Fissle
07-20-2007, 03:38 AM
I think you know what the signiture is refering to smartass. my point was that this kid is trying to argue that sony is retarded, not reliable, and overpriced.

they MAY be overpriced, but I believe my ps2, psp, and my ps3 have been worth every penny.

Melkane
07-20-2007, 04:19 AM
I think you know what the signiture is refering to smartass. my point was that this kid is trying to argue that sony is retarded, not reliable, and overpriced.

they MAY be overpriced, but I believe my ps2, psp, and my ps3 have been worth every penny.

1. Kid? No, I'm 26 in two weeks
2. No I'm stating that Sony is arrogant, unreliable and overpriced.

It's great that you feel your money is well spent because it would be sad if you had spent the money and regretted it. I just think backing Sony up at this time after all that transpired last generation is quite blind of a gamer, even a gamer that didn't personally experience some of the stuff.

As far as myself I'm a gamer I play a lot of games and I really put use into my consoles, but I also put care in them. Yes I'm no stranger to losing consoles I've had a Dreamcast disc motor break down on me (of course that was after thousands of hours of play, hell I had 1300+hours into Phantasy Star Online by itself by that time. I'm not a retard that lays them on the floor they each have well ventilated places on my entertainment center. I don't pack them around from place to place like they are designed to be a portable. They get dustings regularly and I tend to keep my room a comfortable 70 degrees all the time. Yet 3...3 PS2s all die on me, all break down to the same problem (DRE disease). Now say you go out to purchase a car, lets say a dodge. Now a year later it breaks down on you so you use your warranty and take it back well they just decide to get you another dodge vehicle and you get it and it breaks down in 1 week to the exact same problem, shocked and dismayed you take it back and get it replaced for yet another dodge vehicle. This one seems ok and lasts you 4 months then it to suddenly breaks down on you. Now once again you go back to the store and once again you get it exchanged again for one... now granted you still have one but in the future when you actually go to buy another car are you ever in your wildest thoughts going to even consider a dodge vehicle again?

bluntblaze
07-20-2007, 09:48 AM
my ps2 lasted untill i got my ps3 and still does work. as for the ps3 being shit... u obviously dont know what u talkin about.

one thing i will say is that in my opinion the ps3 has better graphics. and even if i had a 360 i would still be saying the same.
it may seem like the two consoles are similar but in reality there quite the opposite so tryin to compare the two is a waste of time. at the end of the day there both brilliant machines and im happy with my purchase

LIP
07-20-2007, 10:56 AM
I had a ps1 for about a year, and then it blew up [smoke, flames, it tripped my house electrics] and then i got a ps2. Had the ps2 ever since, and probably will get a ps3 when the prices are down abit.

Looking at some of the videos for the ps3, especially some of the new getaway game the grpahics are amazingly good. It's getting to the point it looks like a video. Seriously, seriously good graphics.

I've never like or bothered with any of the other consoles.

I just like sony.

MadSativa
07-20-2007, 11:07 AM
Currentyly I have 4 PS2, 2 old models and 2 new models, they all are over 2 years old and the older ones are from the year that PS2 was released(not on the opening cause they sold out like for PS3). We play online and LAN, only one has ever broke and I fixed it for $20 we still play constantly. I got a 360 and we just use it to play Madden and Ghost Recon online, ( which cant even compare to SOCOM), and sometimes Guitar Heros, a couple otheres like toney hawk etc.. We got a preaty good computer thatll play any game out there and we sometimes play the new star wars, or counter strike, new FEAR, and a couple others. However we all always come back to PS2 cause the games are just so live, SOCOM best 1st shooter out there (only my opinion), The fighting games like Tekken. It is just crazey when every one in the room and everyone in the game room is communicating and fighting for the same goal, intensity and game play and game control are all key as well as hearing you teammates, in a couple games on 360 this becomes a problem, cause the mic's are allwys on on some; this causes radio clutter. Even when I play computer or 360 I still use the dual anolog. Im gonna get the PS3 when the new SOCOM debutes on it, still not SOCOM 4 but still cool and also the new GTA comes out at the same time. Also Playstation onlin is free no online game is like that any more $75 a year for 360 and computer you usualy pay monthly. All PS online is free just need the game and some memory and you can buy extras stuff online for cheap on PS, extra levels old games, etc., and all PS is reverse compatable I can play my PS1 games on the PS3 with enhanced visual, and a HDTV is deffinatly key.

Diary of a Madman
07-20-2007, 01:43 PM
No games were much cheaper. The newer the console the more the game. ONLY MAKES SENCE !!!

DAMN, we just quoted precise examples of how, no they werent cheaper. The dude even posted a sears catalogue pic, and you just say....."No they werent".....Systems were released at $250, and their games were $50. Yes, Even in 1978.

I've never had ANY console (or known of anyone else) that stopped working. Lucky I guess.

slipknotpsycho
07-20-2007, 07:14 PM
1. Kid? No, I'm 26 in two weeks
2. No I'm stating that Sony is arrogant, unreliable and overpriced.

It's great that you feel your money is well spent because it would be sad if you had spent the money and regretted it. I just think backing Sony up at this time after all that transpired last generation is quite blind of a gamer, even a gamer that didn't personally experience some of the stuff.

As far as myself I'm a gamer I play a lot of games and I really put use into my consoles, but I also put care in them. Yes I'm no stranger to losing consoles I've had a Dreamcast disc motor break down on me (of course that was after thousands of hours of play, hell I had 1300+hours into Phantasy Star Online by itself by that time. I'm not a retard that lays them on the floor they each have well ventilated places on my entertainment center. I don't pack them around from place to place like they are designed to be a portable. They get dustings regularly and I tend to keep my room a comfortable 70 degrees all the time. Yet 3...3 PS2s all die on me, all break down to the same problem (DRE disease). Now say you go out to purchase a car, lets say a dodge. Now a year later it breaks down on you so you use your warranty and take it back well they just decide to get you another dodge vehicle and you get it and it breaks down in 1 week to the exact same problem, shocked and dismayed you take it back and get it replaced for yet another dodge vehicle. This one seems ok and lasts you 4 months then it to suddenly breaks down on you. Now once again you go back to the store and once again you get it exchanged again for one... now granted you still have one but in the future when you actually go to buy another car are you ever in your wildest thoughts going to even consider a dodge vehicle again?

i dunno what to tell you dude, i'm not gonna say you're full of shit cuz you had ps2's crap out on you 3 times..... but none of that has ever happened around me, honestly. i've had one PS1 fuck up, and it was cuz a friend grabbed a brand new game by the edges of the disk and completely ripped out the disc drive... and i've accidently dropped a ps2 and thought it was broke, but i opened it up and reset the disc tray, worked fine. that wasn't mine tho. then i had my own ps2... never broke down, i ended up selling it (for weed lol) cuz i never had any new games for it anyways, so wth... then a few years back i got my slim model ps2... still works perfectly to this day... the only reason i don't use it anymore is cuz i have my ps3 now and don't need it.

maybe you just have bad luck with sony? i unno... all i know is the only time i've ever had one 'break' it was because of user error and not a faulty system... (btw i tend to run the hell outta systems... often when tehy're brand new i play for 24 hours straight... like the first time i had a 64 and golden eye me and my brother literally played 24 hours straight... they get a very thorough test drive from me..)

MadSativa
07-20-2007, 11:32 PM
I think hes telling the truth cause I have friends who dont take care of stuff and they carey their PS2 in their back packs and their off doing vert jumps and they expect it to work after that?? Idont think soo, I have friends who are so ruff with their PS2s that their are chunks missing from the housing and the CD drawer has to be mauely pulled out and in also on the newer one some of em gotta put someing on top to keep the lid closed. I think you give the electronics too much durability praise and their actualy very fragile.

Ghettoguy
07-20-2007, 11:37 PM
Both PS1 and PS2 served me good for years, they look brand new even now, I guess it's all about how u treat ur shit... And now when there's no money for a PS3 my computer is my gamestation... :stoned:

bluntblaze
07-21-2007, 05:31 AM
my ps1 still works now aswell as my ps2 so you just have to treat them with care. (which you should be doing anyway) fair enough mistakes can happen but 3 ps2s is quite a lot to go through so by the sounds of you wasn't too careful

Melkane
07-21-2007, 10:58 AM
Now that pisses me off, accusing me of mistreating my consoles after I just got done stating I take care of my systems. If using them is abusing them then I'm guilty.

If keeping them on my entertainment center, if giving them regular dustings, if only using them for games and not for other things like DVD playback, if these things here that I thought was taking of my consoles is not. Someone please let me know...

If they are however things that people do to take care of there systems, then shut the fuck up and stop being Sony fanboys that think just because it didn't happen to them that it couldn't happen. My breakdowns weren't something random each time, they were KNOWN and common problems among PS2 owners, after awhile Sony actually caved and started offering free repairs for PS2s with those problems. You don't offer free repairs for a certain issue unless your hardware is plagued with that issue to begin with.

My first PS2 broke the day I got Kingdom Hearts on release day. I brought it home popped it in and it wouldn't play (brand new game) upon trying other games I realized it was the console and not the game. When I got it replaced the replacement lasted 1 week, just one Sunday to Sunday and you know the only game that was played that entire week was the brand new Kingdom Hearts. So you couldn't even say that I was using scratched up games

bluntblaze
07-21-2007, 11:29 AM
dont tell me to shut the fuck up.

and stop crying like a little bitch just because ì asumed u didnt take care of ur consoles

Melkane
07-21-2007, 12:27 PM
As much as I take pride as a gamer in my consoles and games I take great offense when people make ignorant assumptions that just because they personally didn't have any issues with said console that the person is either lying or they mistreated the consoles. Hell I love my 360 but I'm not blind to the fact that there are people out there that have already had them breakdown, some people have already had many and it wasn't their fault. Just like Sony did (though much sooner than Sony) MS has acknowledged the problem with 360s, came up with a solution for all future machines, extended warranties for that specific problem (3 Red Lights of Doom) and offers free repairs for it. Sony did a similar thing for the DRE Disease issue. PS2 breakdown % was quite high, around 5-10% of all PS2s made within the first year of release.

D.Boone
07-21-2007, 04:28 PM
I support none of the new consoles. My X Box turned to crap real shortly after I bought it. The CD drawer quit working. Sometimes I have to fumble with it for a while before I can get it open. I heard they didn't fix that on the 360 either. I don't even want to know how long the average PS3 lasts before one of the 8 processors fries itself. And $600 for a game console? Fuck that. Better come with a blow job a day for a year. I still like the old skool systems: Atari, Super Nintendo (the original NES was cool too but broke too easily. you remember having to blow out the cartridges?), N64, Sega. Those were the good consoles. Why did we ever stray from the cartridges to CD and DVD based consoles. Cartridges operated so much faster and were so much tougher than these damn CDs. We figured out how to fit gigs and gigs of solid state memory into really small flash drives, something CDs can't touch. The newer game consoles are all overengineered pieces of crap. I might upgrade to one of today's systems when tomorrow's are released and the price drops dramatically. But I'll still always be a die hard Atari fan.
that same thing happened to my buddies 360 now he just plays his snes and psx all day long he said fuck microsoft.

D.Boone
07-21-2007, 04:31 PM
i got my ps2 like the year after they came out and never had any problems eventually its stopped playing all cd-roms and audio cd's and would only play dvd discs which really pissed me off but i dealt with it since most of the games are on dvd format anyway. but eventually that one just died stopped working one day and i got one of the new slim ones havnt had any problems with it so far.

bluntblaze
07-22-2007, 05:08 AM
fair enough ill give you the that.. but you cant blame me for assuming that. (since you did go through three ps2s)

bluntblaze
07-22-2007, 05:12 AM
lmao how did i no you was gonna bad rep me.

"being a fanboy is a very bad thing" are you fucking kidding me.. read my whole post on the first page. its #24 and then tell me if you still think im a fanboy.