PDA

View Full Version : bug pics

atsar
06-05-2007, 07:51 PM
found these guys hanging round the garden so got a couple of pics
1st 2 pics is a queen bee and a male er making a future

2nd pics are a little carnivorous bug that i have a few of hanging round the garden,you can see him munching on a greenfly,

well i thought they were pretty cool

OniEhtRedrum781
06-05-2007, 10:21 PM
They're fuckin' cool looking...

Check out my thread, its similar to yours :thumbsup:(http://boards.cannabis.com/pets-animals/117933-baby-spider-photos.html)

atsar
06-06-2007, 07:26 PM
you like them,i have more,ants so close you see their eyes and pincers,damn you even see the hairs on their legs,flies trapped in venus fly trap and sun dew,loads of different little bugs,willl put them up if anyone wants to see them

napolitana869
06-06-2007, 07:55 PM
I vote that you post the venus fly trap one because those are cool

atsar
06-06-2007, 08:36 PM
the venus pics it's one of those long legs things it caught,you can see its wings and legs hanging out,and the sundew with the flies stuck to it,traps look kinda like trichromes on cannabis plants

rebgirl420
06-06-2007, 08:39 PM
I had a venus fly trap...I fed it too much and it died...but cool pics!

cannabis campbell
06-07-2007, 02:57 AM
They looks so different up close

What kind of camera did you take it with?

atsar
06-07-2007, 11:40 AM
I had a venus fly trap...I fed it too much and it died...but cool pics!

thanks rebgirl,it's really hard to resist feeding the venus,but like you say,too many insects will kill it

They looks so different up close

What kind of camera did you take it with?

just an ordinary digital camera with a jewellers loupe held over the lens and zoomed in,though you gotta get real close to the subject,within 10-20 mm usually

atsar
06-07-2007, 02:16 PM
some ants ,these little guys are about 2mm long,look quite evil close up

GreenSkunk
06-07-2007, 05:38 PM
haha, brilliant thread, i cant give rep yet :( but ill come back when i can lol,

once upon a time i was riding my bike to the gym and noticed this horrible sight in the distance, i dismounted my steed and walked closer to inspect, what i saw still ahunts my nightmares to this day :p

lol this tree ws covered in webs, at first i thout black widow monster but then realised that it ws juts some weird catapillarily things :S so i had a mini adventure took some pics and went on my way.

and lived happily ever after...

atsar
06-07-2007, 06:53 PM
excellent pics man,don't see things like that over here

slipknotpsycho
06-07-2007, 07:06 PM
those webs make awsome fire starters... one little flame and the whole thing flares up, i used to use them to start bonfires <.<

i forget what they'r eclaled but i know what they are i used to pick 'em off trees and let a few of them crawl on my arms at a time o.0 feels 'weird'