PDA

View Full Version : is there hope?

MagicalHerb
06-05-2007, 03:04 PM
can we save ourselves? the world is a scary place and i havent even begun to understand it.
what i do know is there are many many powerful people who would sooner make a dollar off me then save my life. they have plans, very elaborate plans that i believe they want to end in a totalitarian society. we are already moving towards that, and i really dont know if its too late or not. im willing to give myself completely to a cause against this, against these pigs, but they are just so powerful and oh my god i just dont know where to turn for help! can evil really win in the end?

indicagrower
06-05-2007, 03:39 PM
Evil can and will triumph over good because good is dumb

MagicalHerb
06-05-2007, 05:07 PM
haha
then you are dumber

ThePeacockNamethTom
06-05-2007, 11:36 PM
There is no hope. There never was. You are born into a system without any possibility of triumph. You have been controlled, believe it or not, since birth. For example, language. Language is how we think and communicate. We only know the words and concepts present in our language or others. By thinking in a language, which is inherently limited, we have inherently limited thought capabilities and means of expression. What concepts can we not think of, because they are not expressed in our language? What are our limitations? Has society slowly edited out words? - I mean, language has evolved.

That's just one of many examples for a paranoid-mind.

Have you ever read Osho or George Orwell's 1984? Brave New World? Ever seen the movie THX 1138?

MagicalHerb
06-06-2007, 03:28 AM
no. never have.
your right about that language thing. ive often felt the same, like my humanity was holding me back from feeling and being and knowing even a little of what there really is.
thats actually really negative though. and kind of depressing. i like living life happily, dwelling over stuff like this just creates more negativity. since i can do nothing at the moment its pretty pointless..

delusionsofNORMALity
06-06-2007, 02:32 PM
i'm willing to give myself completely to a cause against this, against these pigs....

if you really want to save the world, then start with yourself. the life you lead will have more effect than a thousand ineffectual movements. we all lead by example and by merely not being part of the problem you become part of the solution.

everyone wants to change the world, to impose their own version of what is right onto the rest of humanity and shape their surroundings into what they consider a utopia. there have been thousands of movements and organizations devoted to doing just this, but most have been doomed to failure because they use the same tactics as their oppressors. they stagnate, they water down their message to become more palatable to the masses, they compromise, or they become the very thing that they claim to be fighting against. they always seem to create a bureaucracy as bad or worse than the one they were fighting against.

the only meaningful changes that most of us will ever make in our lifetimes are within ourselves. we seem to have forgotten that "turn on, tune in and drop out" was not really the rallying cry of a bunch of crazed acid heads, but a simple formula for altering the reality around us by altering our view of it. find within yourself the way of life that pleases you and enhances the lives of those around you, allow yourself to follow that path without attempting to impose your standards on everyone else, and pull away from the oppressive existence that society would have you believe is your lot in life.

MagicalHerb
06-07-2007, 01:32 AM
if you really want to save the world, then start with yourself. the life you lead will have more effect than a thousand ineffectual movements. we all lead by example and by merely not being part of the problem you become part of the solution.

everyone wants to change the world, to impose their own version of what is right onto the rest of humanity and shape their surroundings into what they consider a utopia. there have been thousands of movements and organizations devoted to doing just this, but most have been doomed to failure because they use the same tactics as their oppressors. they stagnate, they water down their message to become more palatable to the masses, they compromise, or they become the very thing that they claim to be fighting against. they always seem to create a bureaucracy as bad or worse than the one they were fighting against.

the only meaningful changes that most of us will ever make in our lifetimes are within ourselves. we seem to have forgotten that "turn on, tune in and drop out" was not really the rallying cry of a bunch of crazed acid heads, but a simple formula for altering the reality around us by altering our view of it. find within yourself the way of life that pleases you and enhances the lives of those around you, allow yourself to follow that path without attempting to impose your standards on everyone else, and pull away from the oppressive existence that society would have you believe is your lot in life.

your smart, and right as far as i know. i try to better myself but alot of times i pussyfoot around. i sort of figured id save most of that for when i get out of high school though. its alot to deal with. i really dont know what i have planned for myself, but ill be a good person and try to have a positive impact on people, and it will come to me sooner then later. im not looking to become a political activist, i know thats not for me, i just wish i could heal this world somehow, because i know things arent right. maybe ill find a way but who knows.
:lookat:

and i just want to follow myself, and to be myself and all my life these people have been making me do ridiculous things and everyone else has to also. im going to relax though and smoke a bowl or something because i dont need to be upset or worrying. things are ok for me now and whatever happens happens..
thank you

afghooey
06-07-2007, 03:37 AM
Hope is not a tangible substance of which there is a limited supply. Hope is a state of mind. Whether or not there is hope depends entirely on whether people chose to have it.

Don't let anyone tell you that there is no hope. Don't let them suck you into the well of self-limiting pessimism that so many have fallen into. People look around at the state of the world and immediately give up, while somehow overlooking that it's the people who have given up that are largely creating this state of affairs in the first place.

Apathy is the worst form of cruelty, in my opinion... by relinquishing hope in exchange for a 'fuck everything' attitude one not only doesn't help the situation AT ALL, they make it even worse.