PDA

View Full Version : world of warcraft...

slpntrx5
05-27-2007, 04:23 PM
is a 3 hour download for a free trial...

so i'm stuck here waiting till 3 o'clock...

oh well...at least i have a dime! :rastasmoke:

MeGustaMota
05-27-2007, 05:59 PM
I have the cd for it in my closet and it takes about the same amount of time to install. It's obscene.

action.420
05-27-2007, 06:11 PM
im on terrokan, and on the trail as well.

lvl 5 nightelf :hippy:

sam44
05-27-2007, 06:12 PM
that game is so fun when your blazeedd

meds02093
05-27-2007, 06:26 PM
I don't know why you people bother with WoW when you can still play RuneScape and thats quite good when you're blazed too lol

Ace977
05-27-2007, 06:31 PM
i hate runescape soooo much i used to play WoW but just recently canceled my account and it took like 12 hours for me it was crazy

peaceandlove420
05-27-2007, 07:09 PM
I ask you two questions:

Have you ever tried blankity blank?

If not, then why On EARTH! i ask you would you try WOrld of War craft.

I have a friend who plays that game 6-12 hours a day and doesnt miss a beat. It is a legitamate addiction.

Did you not see what it did to the kids on south park?

World of War (j)ack, not even once, please.

hahha ;p

EDIT; almost pulled a party foul by giving mention of other drugs. I'd delete my post but I can't, sorry for almost blowin it.

MegaOctane12
05-27-2007, 11:10 PM
Personally I like the asian Mmorpgs where the communitys are smaller and the stat system is more of a grind. I've played old games like this that have 3d rendering for magic and attacks e.t.c but are primarily 2d format i.e your looking down at your toon and that's it. I've also played alot of recent games like WoW, RfOnline, CityofHeroes, they're great for a few months, but something clicks in me, like all of a sudden, a realisation that I'm not actually enjoying this very much at all. Its not a negative thing. I'm not being miserable for the sake of it, but I look around at the people and think, what is it that sets ME apart from THEM? What is it that makes me an individual in this mass of generically coded faces.. and I find no answer and slip away, promising myself I will return when the new patch comes out, or my guild merges with another guild, but it never happens.

I've come to realise one concrete truth about online games, its not the community or content that makes a great game its whether or not I'm convinced I need it in my life,.. and I haven't been convinced for a very long time.

LegalizeTheGreen
05-27-2007, 11:38 PM
Im a wow addict, but I usually only play at night while high and watching adult swim (I enjoy multitasking). I used to be into it a little much, but seeing as how there is no way to get banned for it for mentioning it here, there is a wonderful program called wowglider that will give you some of your life back. After leving all the way up and disliking my charicter (a worthless paladin), i purchased (25$) it, and have since leveled up like 10-12 charicters, and have made thousands of gold (aka dollars). It takes all the grinding out of the game, and lets you play the fun stuff with minimal time lost to endless grinding. I have been banned for it once, but I still find it a great product. Just thought I would throw the info out to anyone that feels they spend a lil too much time on wow.

reality0
05-28-2007, 12:21 AM
i used to play wow a lot... i had a lvl 70 undead warrior and a 70 belf warlock...

But I could never get as addicted to it or into like I did in Diablo 2.

So now I'm back to good ol' Starcraft till Starcraft2 comes out... :jointsmile:

affasd
05-28-2007, 07:04 AM
Im a wow addict, but I usually only play at night while high and watching adult swim (I enjoy multitasking). I used to be into it a little much, but seeing as how there is no way to get banned for it for mentioning it here, there is a wonderful program called wowglider that will give you some of your life back. After leving all the way up and disliking my charicter (a worthless paladin), i purchased (25$) it, and have since leveled up like 10-12 charicters, and have made thousands of gold (aka dollars). It takes all the grinding out of the game, and lets you play the fun stuff with minimal time lost to endless grinding. I have been banned for it once, but I still find it a great product. Just thought I would throw the info out to anyone that feels they spend a lil too much time on wow.

holy shit man..looking into this for sure

Not An Addict
05-29-2007, 07:53 AM
You have to be retarded to compare runescape to wow..I sold my wow account for 300$ :)

affasd
06-07-2007, 05:12 AM

dude.....you are god.....i just made 50$ selling 900g to a website which i made in like not even a day lol with both my lvl 70s gliding

i plan on using another computer to level 2-3 accounts at a time and sell those lol, damn not bad for some extra cash

KingsBlend420
06-08-2007, 04:12 AM
I have almost 5 level 70's. Quit just recently though, I can't get into the game anymore, everything is so boring and repetitive.

AlwaysBlazed
06-15-2007, 02:19 AM
i started playing that game during beta before it even came out... ive had so many level 60s i dont remember them all (60 used to be the max level before this expansion). after the expansion i lost interest... i have a 63 hunter still and some lower level alts but its not even installed anymore

the yeag
06-15-2007, 02:24 AM
sorry boys...but warcraft is for guys who smell funny and eat funyons and drink mountain dew.

JeKo
06-15-2007, 08:29 PM
You have to be retarded to compare runescape to wow..I sold my wow account for 300$ :)

where did you sell it? been trying to find a way to sell mine now

the yeag
06-16-2007, 01:43 AM
no i meant more like go take a bath you dirtball gamer...and get some sunlight

OniEhtRedrum781
06-30-2007, 04:45 PM
I caved and downloaded the 10-day trial. I think I may be hooked, does anyone know if I have to buy anything else to play the full game after the 10 days besides a time card to play? Thanks,

By the way, I'm a LVL 7 Undead Warrior, named Dajamah if you wanna play...

KingsBlend420
06-30-2007, 06:10 PM
You're going to have to buy a game card I think and the actual game so you can activate your account with a special key that comes with the game.

Reefer Rogue
07-01-2007, 08:39 AM
I tried WoW and got to lvl 10 but it just wasn't for me. Pc mmorpgs aren't for me. Everquest online adventures frontiers for ps2 is for me.

Say hi to Leeroy for me..

Runaway Jim
07-01-2007, 09:02 AM
LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROYYYYYYYY JEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNKINNNNSSSSS!!!!!!
AT LEAST I GOT CHICKEN!

A328519
07-01-2007, 11:00 PM
I had WoW since May 31st of this year and my character is level 4.

Yeah, I don't play much.

OniEhtRedrum781
07-05-2007, 10:06 PM
All i did today was play WoW and smoke weed. good times :thumbsup:

CYRAX
07-08-2007, 07:17 PM
Lol, I'm a noob, started recently, got a level 21 dwarf pally and 17 dwarf warrior.

OniEhtRedrum781
07-12-2007, 11:09 PM
anyone here play on Madoran server?

YouAintKnow
07-14-2007, 05:39 PM
I used to play, until I realized what a ridiculous waste of my social life it was.

JeKo
07-14-2007, 08:36 PM
I used to play, until I realized what a ridiculous waste of my social life it was.

I play the game only when none of my friends can hang out..

TheAtomicPunk
07-16-2007, 11:08 AM
Sometimes, I like to get baked and beat down teh hordes with my staff in AV on my 70 mage on Dark Iron. FOR THE NUB ALLIANCE!!!!

My friend and I were supposed to sell our accounts about a month ago in order to support our addiction, but we're procrastinating... I could get at least$150 for mine, he can only get $100 because he rolled a rogue, noooooob.

Aerow
07-16-2007, 12:22 PM
I'm not sure if this is normal effect of being stoned, but whenever I play world of warcraft while I'm baked, I get sucked into the game world...it honestly feels like i'm in the game and shit.

I get all concerned about my characters well-being and what not and i'll get scared as hell when I'm faced with insurmountable odds, but I fight through it like a badass. One time I just sat there gathering money, in outland by running around killing the mob, I kept thinking to myself I'm gonna be fuckin rich I'm stealin all these monsters stuff! Then some alliance would run by and I would consider them a threat to my fiscal well-being and I would kill them...and sometimes be killed.

Probably one of my favorite things to do while high.

Melkane
07-21-2007, 01:14 PM
I played this for quite some time. I had a pimped out Dwarf Rogue named Taul. I was stubborn as hell and refused to be anything but a mace rogue. I got him to level 49 and stopped leveling him and instead had him start participating in PvP Battlegrounds. I had him completely pimped out in all Blues and Epics. He was maxed in Fishing, Cooking, First Aid, Herbalism and Alchemy. I won the fishing tournament held in Booty Bay every Sunday twice beating out many 60s.. had both the Arcanite Fishing Pole and the Fishing Trinket (changes you into a fish). I also spent a month of painstaking trying to win the Gurubashi Arena treasure 12 times and earned the Arena Grandmaster Trinket and I spent another month check and checking the southern waters of the arathi plains for that rare spawn to get the Tidal Charm. I quit as I just got so annoyed with unbalanced classes in 1 vs 1 environments. Blizzard balanced pvp for group play but in 1 vs 1 scenarios it was for the most part a game of rock paper scissors, this class beats this class beats this class. I was also highly bummed out as before the expansion hit I was working on building my badges and points to buy the Epic PvP gear and have it purchased and waiting for me for when i leveled to lv 60, however the expansion pretty much made it obsolete as even greens at lv 61 were just as good if not better.

Those things combined bummed me out to the point I was just to bummed to continue. I gave my account to a friend that wanted Taul and I retired. Now I have somewhat gotten into Lord of the Rings Online.

bloodmasta
07-23-2007, 01:02 PM
installed it on my pc then uninstalled it 10 mins after playing......i would rather play runescape than WoW.

Melkane
07-23-2007, 05:45 PM
Now I myself quit WoW, but it was after several hundred hours and I knew exactly what the game was all about.

How could you judge a game as time consuming and vast as WoW is in 10 min? Seriously I don't think you could have made your character and did the first quest in 10 minutes.