PDA

View Full Version : Dammit, my computer broke!

thcbongman
05-27-2007, 02:25 PM
One minute it was totally fine, next thing it just turned off all the sudden, and can't turn it back on. Tried switching power sources, and power cables to no avail!

What happened?!?!! Help me! I have so much shit saved up and I can't lose it! I backed some stuff up, but not everything!

Now I'm stuck with a stinkin' laptop!

babystarbud
05-28-2007, 05:40 PM
you get no beep or POST screen, no nothing?

well the good news is if you swapped out the PSU for a 100% working AND compatible PSU, and still nothing....your hard drive is probably ok...
plug it into a friends computer as a second drive and recover your files.

dont think its the RAM as it should still try to boot up if the RAM is faulty.

which leaves the options of

bad connection between PSU and motherboard
fried mother board
fried processor
corrupted BIOS

try re-setting the bios by taking the battery off for a couple of mins and putting it back on.

babystarbud
05-28-2007, 05:53 PM
also, sounds dumb, but do make sure the new powersupply switch is turned on, and check the power switch on the case itself for dirt/damage

babystarbud
05-28-2007, 06:07 PM
if your 100% sure its not a power supply issue, and the computer is kept clean with antivirus etc. and you have done a bios re-set, and checked the bios battery is not dead...
my guess would be that your motherboard has "danced its final dance"

a pain in the ass but it could be worse;)

Skink
05-29-2007, 11:35 PM
anything new on this??? really need more info bro...

thcbongman
05-29-2007, 11:44 PM
Not really anything, my friend is trying to find another case for the PSU and were going to try it out.

Otherwise, I'm taking the HD out and getting a new PC.

But thanks guys for being helpful!

Skink
05-30-2007, 04:43 PM
Well if you got a question throw it out there...

AsianStoner420
05-30-2007, 09:35 PM
lol thcbongman ur not the only one, my HDD crashed and cant do nothing about it so im gonna use my bro's pc till i got a new HDD,....sucks

thcbongman
06-08-2007, 12:05 AM
Well I got a new PSU, and it works! Woohoo!

Well now I stumbled across another problem. I installed a USB 2.0 card, and it won't work because I don't have SP1. I can't get it because the Windows XP pro on my PC is pirated. Anyway know how to get around it? Google isn't give me answers.

OniEhtRedrum781
06-08-2007, 12:08 AM
I hate how computers are always bound to fuck up, no matter what...

babystarbud
06-08-2007, 09:30 PM
unless you can find a workaround, then i gues you will have to re-install a newer pirate version of xp, you can get them with sp2 intergrated.

or dare i say it....get a genuine one lol.......maybe a hacked key might let you update?