PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Classic Zelda Game

TheBigOne45
05-15-2007, 01:43 AM
What is your favorite CLASSIC Zelda game?? Zelda I to Ocarina of Time are the choices!

Mine would be Ocarina hands down!

40oz
05-15-2007, 01:45 AM
I never got too into the series but I remember I played a zelda game on my gameboy when I was younger the entire car ride from florida to pennslyvania. I loved that game.

krazy chino
05-15-2007, 02:03 AM
yeah what 40oz said

Nugget Lover
05-15-2007, 02:37 AM
man I am loving Zelda: Twilight Princess, on the Wii it is sick. But i have played all of them since the beginning and OoT is the best

Matt the Funk
05-15-2007, 03:15 AM
Ocarina of Time FTW!!

werd328
05-15-2007, 03:31 AM
Ocarina of Time.

slipknotpsycho
05-15-2007, 03:56 AM
imo OoT is too 'new' to be considered 'classic' (btw you forgot link's awakening, gameboy).. but i chose it as it's my favorite.... after that would be SNES

TheBigOne45
05-15-2007, 04:46 AM
I only picked the early well knowns. I've played just about everyone of them including Link's Awakening. I just wanted to keep it narrow, but please feel free to tell what you like!

I would love to own and play Twilight Princess, but I need another GameCube. I played it on my ex step-mom's GameCube and I liked what I saw. I sold my first one. TP was the Zelda game that everyone was waiting for. If Wind waker wasn't too shitty, I would probably still have my GameCube.

slipknotpsycho
05-15-2007, 05:07 AM
i hated that game... af riend had it... i thought it was kinda retarded... seemed like they went a step back instead of forward lol...

majora's mask is the worst imo...

GHoSToKeR
05-15-2007, 05:10 AM
Yeah dude it's all about Ocarina of Time, you get to ride a horse! A fucking horse! Holy fucking shit yeah you do

slipknotpsycho
05-15-2007, 05:14 AM
if riding horses makes or breaks your game get shadow of the collosus... lol.... it's also got damn good graphics.... only 16 enemies in the entire game but it's not hte traditional slash and dash game... killing just one can take up to hours... (first you GOTTA figure out how, then you gotta figure out how to get into position to attack... there really isn't much health, and you can actually die in one hit...)

GHoSToKeR
05-15-2007, 05:23 AM
But........ a horse, man!

:D

mrdevious
05-15-2007, 05:56 AM
But........ a horse, man!

:D

You got to ride Epona all over in Ocorina Of Time man. But I know what you mean, the newest Zelda is finally the first one that gives a massive world to explore. Ocorina was amazing to explore the first time, don't get me wrong, but all the domain's (especially Zora's domaine) were way too small.

slipknotpsycho
05-15-2007, 05:57 AM
YouTube - Unusual Shadow of the Colossus Kills - #1 Valus (http://youtube.com/watch?v=hTsQZog5IiY)

YouTube - Shadow of the Colossus - Lonely Day (http://youtube.com/watch?v=Nv6oAQpJlfU)

Maui Wowie
05-15-2007, 02:02 PM
Link to the Past was friggin' sweet on SNES but Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask always gives a giddy feeling. :jointsmile:

MacWQ33
05-15-2007, 02:08 PM
Believe it or not, I still have my ORIGINAL Gameboy. The thing has gone through a lot with me, and it still works perfectly. I still bring it with me sometimes on vacation and whatnot just for the car-ride. I either play Zelda or Griffey baseball lol.

But, yeah, I think it was Link's Awakening? Great game.

Metaphor
05-15-2007, 02:15 PM
like someone before said i wouldnt really consider OOT a 'classic' but its deff my favorite one.

Twilight Princess was awesome too.

As for those 'over head' zelda games my fav one is A Link to the Past

action.420
05-15-2007, 03:26 PM
ZELDA ALTTP FTW :thumbsup:

pass_the_dubbie
05-15-2007, 04:16 PM
I voted before I seen OOC on the list although I would rate it a newer zelda(im sure others have said the same) so I picked
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)

This was my favourite game on the SNES although I had a strange obsession with NHL 96. The story is great, amazing sounds and music and the gameplay rocked, I remember being so happy at the end when everybody waved at you.....

ZeldaG.
05-16-2007, 01:59 AM
btw you forgot link's awakening, gameboy

bah! that was shit!

hated that!! actually hate all the gameboy zelda games expet the remake of snes on gba,

by the way i voted for link to the past, cos that is the greatest game i ever played :D

GHoSToKeR
05-16-2007, 06:14 AM
To be honest the only Zelda games I've played are Ocarina of Time and all of the earlier ones... Since then I've been a PS2 man, so I haven't played any of the recent ones.. But even now, with all these awesome PS2, Xbox 360 and Wii games that I've been playing lately (I don't have the other two consoles but my buddies do) I would still get a kick out of digging my N64 out and playing Ocarina of Time.. Man, it rules so goddam fucking much, but I don't think I ever played it, oh and my N64 broke years ago. LOL. :(

Seriously though, when OoT came out it was absolutely breathtaking.. Link's village was so awesome, but I couldn't wait to get out of there.. and then BAM, suddenly there's this whole 360 degree environment to run around in and explore, and the graphics ruled so much. It was definately one of the first of it's kind.. Man, that has to be the best game ever :p

On a smiliar note, where can I play Ocarina of Time online or on my PC? I know it's possible :p