PDA

View Full Version : chicken dook

aonymity
05-14-2007, 02:14 PM
i have about 50 free range chickens and i was wonering if i could use them for more than just eggs. from what i hear its the closest thing to bat guano.

let me know what you guys think

stinkyattic
05-14-2007, 03:07 PM
It's INCREDIBLY 'hot'.
You have to compost it really well, and STILL be careful not to burn your plants.
And if you are growing indoors, there is of course the risk of introducing pests, and it smells foul... hahaha at least maybe the chicken plop stank will overpower the skunk stank, reducing yoru dependence upon carbon filters... :D
I think the bottom line is that chicken manure belongs in outdoor gardening applications.
Oh btw chickens are really funny. I hope to have a few when I get out of this silly town that has a no chicken bylaw!!! Nothing like a cheddar and pimiento pepper omlette made with fresh eggs... mmmmmm!!!

aonymity
05-14-2007, 04:52 PM
well i have a few mystery girls out in the woods and was thinking about just mixin up some poop just to see what it dose. as far as the omlet thing goes i eat atleast 8 eggs a day, its the best food ever you can make it somany different ways. ill just try it anyways on a plant n see how it grows with it

twoguysupnorth
05-14-2007, 09:12 PM
you would have to let it compost really well, ive seen where they are selling this now. its called cocka doodle doo, and the n-p-k numbers are in the thousands. they are advertising it for lawns and say that one or two applications a yr are enough.

Earthy Dank
05-18-2007, 01:21 AM
you would have to let it compost really well, ive seen where they are selling this now. its called cocka doodle doo, and the n-p-k numbers are in the thousands. they are advertising it for lawns and say that one or two applications a yr are enough.

WhAt?!:eek:

twoguysupnorth
07-03-2007, 05:26 PM
lol, i dont know if you will be back to read this, i still stand by the fact that its to hot and needs to be composted well. about cocka doodle doo, i saw the add again, want to know what my dumb stoner butt did? lol, too funny. what i thought were npk numbers were actually the telephone # for ordering. go ahead take a shot, i deserve it.

stinkyattic
07-03-2007, 05:32 PM
That's hilarious.
BUT the NPK is through the roof regardless.... I would not use chicken poops on my plants.

Earthy Dank
07-04-2007, 08:11 PM
Thats all miracle-gro Organic plant food is.... Chicken manure and feather meal (7-1-2)

420check420
07-15-2007, 03:43 AM
the npk for chicken poo isint always necessarily high.. i have a chicken emulsion fert called chick-a-poo, with an npk of 4-6-4.. alot easier than composting raw shit from nasty disease bags :D

oldsanclem
07-15-2007, 07:39 AM
I am not the brighest light bulb in the pack, but cheap I am
Pot math
1 know all the numbers , cause you can kill your plants ?-?-?=?
2 I wonder why some one would spend 4-5 bucks on pot fertilizers. X+Y=better crop
I always figured fertilizer were 1% of the cost of a crop
SO why go for the unknows and know you save $$$$$$$
Its better to have a fews pounds of bud,then burnt stems
Is chicken shit from a free range differnt from a chicken coup, even if the coup has 4 doors. Every body knows a coup has 2 doors. :thumbsup:
If the joke goes over your head stand up ;)

Treetops
07-15-2007, 02:55 PM
:thumbsup:Cockadoodle DOO Organic Lawn & Garden Products - Organic fertilizer, Organic weed control and Organic lawn and garden products (http://www.purebarnyard.com/cockadoodledoo/)

twoguysupnorth
07-30-2007, 04:35 PM
if you happen to have a chicken coop and a wood stove, ive read that scattering ashes on the floor creates some type of reaction that makes it easier to scrape up. also makes for a better compost. i read that somewhere in mother earth news.

smoke_and_fly
10-23-2007, 07:20 AM
lol, i dont know if you will be back to read this, i still stand by the fact that its to hot and needs to be composted well. about cocka doodle doo, i saw the add again, want to know what my dumb stoner butt did? lol, too funny. what i thought were npk numbers were actually the telephone # for ordering. go ahead take a shot, i deserve it.
hahahahahha:D

Rusty Trichome
10-23-2007, 11:05 PM
what i thought were npk numbers were actually the telephone # for ordering. go ahead take a shot, i deserve it.

"...Yes...is this the chicken poo hotline...?
'No sir, you've reached the 1-800-eat-shit hotline'
"Oh crap...I did it again"
'Yes sir'

twoguysupnorth
10-23-2007, 11:26 PM
funny huh? i thought it was too. this was a blurb so the ph# went right under the description.