PDA

View Full Version : De La Hoya vs. Mayweather

smoke it
05-07-2007, 11:20 PM
did anyone else watch this fight? i was always into boxing and i was real pissed saturday night. De La Hoya should have won the fight no question. he got in so many good hits on Mayweather, and he is an overall better fighter. the judges are fucking retarded. anyone with half a brain knows that De La Hoya won the fight.

Mayweather wins split decision over De La Hoya (http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=2861780)

youngster420
05-08-2007, 12:19 AM
mayweather was scared of de la hoya the fight and after all the shit talking he ran around the ring more times then the punches he threw

fatalone
05-08-2007, 01:54 AM
lol were you watching the same fight? Mayweather consistently punched better, more accurately, and was landing more powerful shots. All it takes is looking at the compubox numbers to see why oscar lost. Oscar threw more punches then mayweather, but still landed far less. He threw roughly a hundred more power shots, but still ended up landing 50 less than floyd. Oscar looked impressive, but anyone who knows anything about boxing knows that when he had floyd on the ropes he wasn't doing shit, while floyd was picking him apart the entire fight....

fatalone
05-08-2007, 01:55 AM
Sorry if i seem angry, but im tired of people trying to pretend floyds not good. I love oscar both as a fighter, and as a human being, but he simply got beat by the better fighter. Its boxing, and it happens.

dopehouse
05-08-2007, 02:04 AM
man theres nothing more scary than a pissed off mexican

youngster420
05-09-2007, 12:09 AM
i never said mayweather wasn't a good boxer, he's a phenomenal boxer but all he wasn't doing shit the fight.

JointNo1
05-09-2007, 11:12 AM
lol in the late 10-12 rounds floyd knew he had the fight won. Oscar was throwing flurries and maybe connected with 1 or 2 everytime Floyd was laughing at oscar fughting style becuase his punches wherent even phasing him. kinda funny how some of ya'll say oscar was fucking him up. when he had him on the ropes floyd was dodging almost all those punches and oscar didnt even have any onk in his punch as when mayweather was making oscar stumble off of counter punches.