PDA

View Full Version : Computer virus help please.

smoking habit
05-01-2007, 10:19 PM
I scanned my computer for viruses because I hadn't in a while, and i have 4 viruses that I am not able to clean, or even quarentine. What the hell do i do to get rid of these fuckers they are slowing down my computer like a bitch.

by the way, i have Trend Micro Antivirus

halfassedjediknight
05-01-2007, 10:20 PM
you should get adaware and spybot search and destroy

smoking habit
05-01-2007, 11:14 PM
That gets rid of some shit, and i do have spybot. But I didn't think it got rid of viruses?

halfassedjediknight
05-01-2007, 11:14 PM
That gets rid of some shit, and i do have spybot. But I didn't think it got rid of viruses?

spybot search and destroy, i think, either deletes or quarintines virus'..might not fully delete them but i know for sure it has to at least quarintine them.

MeGustaMota
05-01-2007, 11:23 PM
About a year ago I got a virus that Norton said it was unable to delete or quarantine. What I did at that point was find out where the file was...and I hit delete. Easy as pie lol.

halfassedjediknight
05-01-2007, 11:39 PM
About a year ago I got a virus that Norton said it was unable to delete or quarantine. What I did at that point was find out where the file was...and I hit delete. Easy as pie lol.

you could delete important execute files accidently if you dont know what youre doing. then your windows will never work the same. you need to be careful when deleting what youre not fully aware of.

invision
05-01-2007, 11:40 PM
one of the best and free

AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition - Free Software Downloads and Software Reviews - Download.com (http://www.download.com/AVG-Anti-Virus-Free-Edition/3000-2239_4-10342876.html)

halfassedjediknight
05-01-2007, 11:58 PM
one of the best and free

AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition - Free Software Downloads and Software Reviews - Download.com (http://www.download.com/AVG-Anti-Virus-Free-Edition/3000-2239_4-10342876.html)

i think my mom uses this

smoking habit
05-02-2007, 03:33 AM
i was mistaken, i have spysweeper. I don't think thats for viruses just spyware right?

and i tried downloading that program posted, thanks for it btw. but it said i cant install because the source file cant be found? hmph. :(

JamaicanHerbMan
05-02-2007, 04:23 AM
Some viruses and spywares arent visible to anti-virus programs or anti-spyware while your PC is in regualar mode, reason being the actual virus is being routed threw a source file to make it look ligit to the anti-virus, its just away the creators try to hide the little buggers. Your cure, start your PC in safe mode this can be done by hitting F5 during start-up and run each anti-virus and anti-spyware one by one. quarentine and then clean .....run them twice to make sure. Clean your cookies and go to Start->Run and type
%temp% then hit ok. It should open up a folder with a bunch of file, next hold down CTRL and A both keys at the same time on your keyboard......that will highlight all the content of your temp folder, next press delete on your keyboard....that will delete everything. When you are done restart your pc in normal mode and do a scan agian. If it still shows up get back to me. Hope that helps