PDA

View Full Version : Tomato gardeners?

Nochowderforyou
04-15-2007, 02:50 PM
hey all,

Spring is among most of us once again and my tomatoes or currently under some lighting getting ready for the outdoors. Now, I do have a question:

I am growing 4 baby tomato plants. I have done lots of reading, but from older books dating back to the early 70's. Nothing wrong with that as they are very useful, but i want to make sure I get this right this time. They had their tomatoes in flats. About 10 plants per. wooden flat box.

Now, I plant mine in potting soil in pots as I don't have a yard to garden. Can I put 2 tomato plants in one big pot to save space? I know putting 2 cannabis plants in the same pot can lead to disaster as the roots get tangled below, but my tomatoes I plan on putting 2 plants, in one huge pot, as their final resting place. Once they're in there, they will not be transplanted again.

So is this a good idea or not? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Gatekeeper777
04-15-2007, 03:06 PM
Can you try to get a huge pot like 5 gallan and partician it off?
that way the roots wont get tangled.

Shovelhandle
04-15-2007, 04:52 PM
better off with one plant per container. It will yeild just as well, or better. Plant a couple of containers?

Shov

palerider7777
06-17-2007, 03:11 AM
it don't matter about tangles if ur in soil iv'e always planted 2 or 3 even 4 in one u would need atleast a 5 gal bucket or better not a lil pot they just clump together but it's fine