PDA

View Full Version : melbourne, caught?

untamed
04-13-2007, 05:23 PM
what are coppers doing these days to people caught in melbourne with say 2 plants budding in a hydroponic system.

a mate reckons they just caution for that the first couple of times, is this correct?

also, do they use the choppers heat detection device to find hot spots and grow areas?

I plan on running a 400W small time 2 plant crop, is it worth my putting anti detection foil etc?

what do I need to know? first time indoor hydro grower, so need to know as much as I can.

untamed
04-14-2007, 01:24 AM
thanks for the info, its very good info! :)

I'm tossing up between 400W & 600W.. I really wanted a 600W but its more heat and a bit more electricity usage.

400W for flower = 400W x 12hours x 30 days = 144000
divide that by 1000 to get kWh = 144

144 cargable kW hours (144 x $0.13 = $18.72)

Where as using the 600W with the same formula brings a total of $28.08 per month of elec.

What do you guys use?

EDIT: I have had no prior convictions, been a good person, married and have a respectable job.. so I'm pretty sure if I got with 2-3 plants I should be ok.

Kenn
04-14-2007, 03:46 AM
man not sure abt melbourne but in adelaide now its Zero tolerance for hydro now,u get caught u go to court, cop a conviction and a fine. on the spot fines for outdoor as long as its three or less.As for helicopter spotting man its bullshit ,how could they tell the difference between a potbelly stove or an oven and hydro lights,to many heat sources and not enough cops i rkn u r safe from the sky mate :jointsmile:

untamed
04-14-2007, 03:54 AM
cool, thanks for that.

I have also heard the thing about copping it more for hydro, is there any reason why?

Kenn
04-14-2007, 04:15 AM
man its all political SA got a new premier and because South aus had the reputation as the cannabis capital of australia he decided to bring in zero tolerance for hydroponics.what a fkn hero ,we used to get on the spot fines for hydro too until mr fkn rann got in .as for vic i dnt really know maybe the politicians in vic r doin it too. fck em all theyll never stop the weed cause to many people love the shit LOL.:thumbsup:

untamed
04-14-2007, 06:35 AM
weed is the best. Its my favourite pass time.

growing its even better.

Kenn
04-15-2007, 03:42 AM
me too mate me too! a habit a hobby a lifestyle.

SDK SLAYER
04-18-2007, 12:00 AM
me too mate me too! a habit a hobby a lifestyle.

ABSOLUTELY !! You got it in 1 there dude :thumbsup:

:hippy:

Slayer

downundadude
07-19-2007, 08:02 AM
hey my mate in canberra was busted by a chopper with heat sensor they showed him the photo as evidence to conduct the raid, youd be supprised the heat colour differences between the normal house heat and what a few grow lights put out, they also matched up the electricity usage, then they bust ya, hahahaha......................oh yeah he was growing in his attic, so kinda dumb but you guyys should be right... hahah dont stop growing cuz of this silly post...... please