PDA

View Full Version : Is your pet Spayed or Neutered?

Samwhore
04-10-2007, 04:22 AM
Is it? I hope, shetlers kill animals because there's too many.

stinkyattic
04-10-2007, 12:05 PM
lol @ option 4
Yes my The Tess has been spayed TWICE. OOOH it burns me too... bullies are really easy to tell if they have ever been through a heat... their teats get HUGE and easy to see since they have so little fur on their bellies.. my dog had been a stray for some time and was ~3 years old when I got her at the shelter; she had OBVIOUSLY never had pups and never even been through a heat, and even had a very small spay scar about a centimeter... instead of looking at that stuff and going, okay cool, she's fixed, or even doing an ultrasound, they did fucking EXPORATORY SURGERY to prove the spay... the incision was a full 8 inches long, and when the stupid vet who got his degree in a cereal box sewed it back up, he didn't get the skin layers aligned and it took over a full YEAR to heal properly!!!

napolitana869
04-10-2007, 01:33 PM
goodness stinky I hope you didn't have to pay for that. Both my boys are fixed. Solomon was before we got him but Sammy was sick when we got him from the pound and they said we had to do it when he got better. I know its the right thing to do but I still felt bad for him when we got it done. Unless you're a breeder theres no reason not to get your dog fixed.

stinkyattic
04-10-2007, 02:05 PM
goodness stinky I hope you didn't have to pay for that. . well they didn't charge me for the actual 'spay'... but I ended up with hundreds in aftercare bills, anti-inflammatories, and antibiotics, and a VERY sick dog for a few months.
NOT happy.
In fact, 2 years later she still gets weird cysts and hot spots along the scar and I have to spray her belly with bitter apple to keep her from worrying at it. Poor girl!

Scarlet Sky
04-10-2007, 02:58 PM
i had a similar experience with the humane society; we got a gsd/pitt mix, they'd spayed her... 8" cut, hacked up, bad sewing job, and an almost imediate infection. we fought health issues for three months before she got better.

humane societies are anything but, imo :mad:

xcrispi
04-10-2007, 03:38 PM
i had a similar experience with the humane society; we got a gsd/pitt mix, they'd spayed her... 8" cut, hacked up, bad sewing job, and an almost imediate infection. we fought health issues for three months before she got better.

humane societies are anything but, imo :mad:

Crispi wont deal w/ the Humane soc. either ,
Ppl. are bullshit -> atleast in Detroit , Westland , and Auburn hills mich.
Really bad experience w/ a Rotty w/ these ppl. I deal w/ Michigan anti-cruelty soc. only now.

All my critters are spayed / neutered too .
Far to many critters w/o homes already .
Peace
Crispi :jointsmile:

Storm Crow
04-10-2007, 04:00 PM
We have cats, 2 neutered males and Crazy Cat, a female, that my hubbie is re-taming. She was abandoned by some of the people in the trailer park, went wild, and is now realizing she can be a house cat again. I don't know if she's spayed or not. If not, she will be.

nibbler
04-10-2007, 04:16 PM
I was a veterinary nurse for 12 years it is only ignorant uneducated people whom don't have their pets neutered. believe me I know I have seen it all....you can be laughing one minute crying the next.

Fine if you want to breed from them but have a good vet maybe insurance incase of a c-section unless you super rich and don't mind shelling out the odd euro600/700.

But ultimately you are responsible for your pet.

Samwhore
04-10-2007, 11:03 PM
lol @ option 4

I had to, or else someone would complain.

My cats are both spayed and neutured.

The Humane Society in my town is actually pretty decent, they fixed them their and my kitties ran about $100 each but they were fixed when we got them and they have a little chip in them too as a tracking device if they get lost. I love my kitty and as cute as her kit'lins would be, there will be no 'preggers Cookie.

budsmoker only
04-10-2007, 11:07 PM
i agree with others, definitely spayed, and my dogs will forever when i have one... there is way to many dogs at the shelters that dont have homes and those are over crowded... in my city somethin like 400 or euthanized (sp?) a week.. .

Bodom Children Of
04-19-2007, 01:11 AM
yes. I watch the price is right.

Samwhore
04-20-2007, 01:22 AM
XD. Who clicked number 4?

4twentE
07-19-2007, 04:53 AM
The girl that gave me to my cat had her spayed when I got her. I probably wouldn't do it myself since she's a strictly inside cat. But I totally do recommend getting it done if your animals go outside and roam free.

napolitana869
07-19-2007, 12:20 PM
spaying females before their first heat greatly reduces their chances for mammary cancer. There are places that will do it pretty cheap. It's always worth getting done.

twoguysupnorth
07-20-2007, 11:22 PM
no they arent, but sometimes i wish they were. i can see two of them going very soon. the male pug and the female boston. again, stinky is that your boxer/bulldugie? the boxers are known to have cists. ours had 2 removed at the cost of 450$ plus meds that were dangerous for her so i took them,lol. before you get mad, i shared.

slipknotpsycho
07-20-2007, 11:25 PM
buddy isn't neutered... but i don't have ad og for him to impregnate anyways...