PDA

View Full Version : Wolf vs. Pomeranian

Dro_Princess
04-05-2007, 05:21 PM
JUNEAU, Alaska - A black wolf snatched a small dog near a Juneau lake and ran into the woods with it, U.S. Forest Service rangers said. A woman was walking three dogs Tuesday at Mendenhall Lake when the wolf grabbed the unleashed Pomeranian then dashed off with the dog in its jaws. The woman unsuccessfully searched for the dog, which has not been seen since.

An animal believed to be the same wolf, however, was seen alone at the lake Wednesday, said Dennis Chester, wildlife biologist at the Juneau Ranger District.

The culprit is believed to be a wolf nicknamed Romeo and known for playing with larger dogs accompanying people on walks.

Some people walking their dogs in the area may have become complacent because the wolf has not been seen lately, officials said.

"The bottom line is, right now it's out there," said Ryan Scott, a wildlife biologist with the Alaska Department of Fish and Game. "(The snatching) is a reminder to ourselves that a wolf is a wild animal."

So i wonder if the wolf was lonley and wanted to play or if he was hungry and wanted a snack. I have a pomeranian myself and love dogs but when I picture a black wolf come running towards this tiny dog scooping it up and running off I cant help but giggle. Maybe, since the dogs name is Romeo, he just wanted some pomeranian lovin.

CanaDanKs Inc.
04-05-2007, 05:27 PM
Heheheh, a pomeranian to a wolf must be quite a delicious little meal. That would be cool if someone caught it and kept it!

bucknuts1870
04-05-2007, 05:44 PM
what if it bred with the lil' rat dog, now THAT would be a wierd mix. A wolferanian.

Diary of a Madman
04-05-2007, 06:14 PM
awesome! Wolferanian......it would look like this......see? Wolf shaped body.....pomeranian fur. I'm goin to tell Mr Bear the good news

CanaDanKs Inc.
04-05-2007, 06:16 PM
I believe that's El Chupacabra's cousin

Weedhound
04-05-2007, 06:45 PM
That little dog was dinner...good job teaching a wolf not to be afraid of people etc.....pluses for both sides.... smaller dogs, cats etc gone.....wolf will get shot for eventually biting a child or something..

Silent Wolf
04-05-2007, 07:01 PM
Wolves are gods!:cool:

Dro_Princess
04-05-2007, 07:09 PM
The wolf probably ate the little dog but there is still hope that a new breed of
Wolferanian's will emerage from the wilderness of Alaska.

hello3pat
04-07-2007, 06:19 PM
screw the wolferanian, I want a pet wolf

Nightwolf1772
05-02-2007, 11:02 PM
really unlikely a wolf will run up and attack a kid acually kinda rare for one to run up to a human and eat there dog maby its sick

jrs212
05-14-2007, 04:19 PM
Here is a pic of my friend's wolf pup. Actually she is 70% wolf and 30% Husky. She definetely has an attitude. A pet like this needs a whole lot of training and time.

[attachment=o135954]

4twentE
06-18-2007, 03:49 PM
That's whatcha get for having a Pomeranian. If she was walking a real dog, the wolf wouldn't have been able to snatch it up. But a hungry wolf will snatch anything it thinks it can get away with. The closer they live to civilization, the more likely they'll attack pets and even kids, even in your own back yard if they're desperate.