PDA

View Full Version : 5 year old has life figured out

Mrs. Greenjeans
03-30-2007, 02:01 AM
Easter worry: CDC*cites*salmonella threat from chicks - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/03/29/easter.chicks.reut/index.html?eref=rss_topstories)

Thing 2 looks at the picture of fluffy yellows and sez:

Oooooo! Aren't they cute?! I wish I could grow up in a pile of chicks!:wtf:

Me too honey. Me too.:D

birdgirl73
03-30-2007, 02:15 AM
That's so sweet I can hardly keep from tearing up!!! They're so incredibly sweet when they're that age. Oh, but wonderful Mrs. G, you've got some fun to look forward to between the ages of 14 and 18. The descriptive words starting with S switch to SURLY.

One Easter my sisters and I all three received baby ducks as Easter pets. We loved those things like there was no tomorrow. Babied them. No doubt made their little avian lives miserable by building houses for them amd carrying them proudly around the house. Turned our red wagons over and filled them with water and believed we taught them how to swim. Thank goodness that's not done as frequently now. I cringe to think of how many innocent baby animals died as a result of that sort of holiday marketing cruelty. When our ducklings began to get too big, we had to give them to some friends of our parents who lived out in the country and had a pond. We cried pitifully, but two of those those ducks lived to ripe old ages and spawned several further generations of baby ducks out in farm country. One--we always told my younger sister it was hers--had an unfortunate encounter with a coyote that ended its life prematurely.

Mrs. Greenjeans
03-30-2007, 02:21 AM
It will break my heart in two when that particular S word comes around.

And how mean of you on the ducky front! Your poor sister LOL!

Now I want a duck. Boo BG. You tweaked my notion.

birdgirl73
03-30-2007, 02:37 AM
I know, makes me want to hold a baby duck or chick right now. Unfortunately, I live with two really predatory felines who'd be all over that. I'd settle for some duck l'orange instead!!! I'm hungry.

My poor, sweet little sister. I was hard on her. My older sister, who was old enough to run interference between us, tried to make her life easier and protect her. But I'm afraid I was famous for telling her all sorts of things that may well still give her nightmares today. I've apologized profusely over the years since I've been grown. But I suspect she'll still need lots of therapy.

Mrs. Greenjeans
03-30-2007, 02:48 AM
I love it that you "get" me when I type disjointed stuff like the above. That's righteous.

Your little sis has her whole lifetime to get over the things you tortured her with. Think of it this way....You helped her build character.

birdgirl73
03-31-2007, 03:07 AM
I'm convinced we "get" each other. That's why we have so much fun cracking one another up. (You're far funnier, though!)

My sister has indeed developed an amazingly good character. I hope I didn't torture her too badly. She only rarely brings it up. Like when my son was going through his evil smart-mouth phase during his teens. Both my sister and my mother said "What goes around comes around. You're only getting back what you gave--and not nearly as bad." I consider myself lucky to have survived to adulthood as impudent as I was.