PDA

View Full Version : killer birds

smoke it
03-27-2007, 11:56 PM
so, me and 3 friends climbed a small cliff the other day. we got to the top, got blazed, and the went back down. so we took the trail back down (5 minute walk), and we heard a hawk making a noise. we didnt think anything of it, because many animals were making noises. we then see that hawk in a tree just staring at us. we continue walking, and out of nowhere, the bird comes swooping down in a full dive at us. we duck ant it misses us by abot 8 inches. we start hauling ass down the trail. the bird comes down again and hits my friend right in the head. we got back down to the street and go back. the thing was, my friends had told me about the killer birds before we started climbing. i thought that they were just joking. fucking birds...

Skink
03-28-2007, 12:27 AM
Prob had a nest of youngins...

ATrain
03-28-2007, 12:32 AM
Nice story :thumbsup:

Once I was standing around with a few people and a bird flew into the side of my head and then took off :wtf:

Storm Crow
03-28-2007, 01:46 AM
They are protecting their nests! They are worried about the "killer humans".

rebgirl420
03-28-2007, 01:47 AM
hahahaah damn birds!!!

Samwhore
03-28-2007, 01:56 AM
I got chased by a flock of ducks when I was little, geese freak me the fuck out, ducks are so and so, but birds, the ones that waddle, omg, :wtf:

OniEhtRedrum781
03-28-2007, 02:05 AM
Damn Killer birds, they're almost as dangerous as the killer raccoons in my neighborhood

hello3pat
03-29-2007, 09:58 PM
I had a goose for a while named siddhartha, my brother was the one who bought it when he was told they were extremely territorial. At the time he bought he was blazed and the first thing that came to his head was "Attack Goose!". When we would let it wander around the front yard it would chase my neighbors dogs when it had gotten bigger

rastaman79
07-01-2007, 09:56 AM
just be glad it was a hawk,and not a pair of seagulls(you would of got severly shat and puked on) hahahahah

slipknotpsycho
07-01-2007, 11:15 AM
I had a goose for a while named siddhartha, my brother was the one who bought it when he was told they were extremely territorial. At the time he bought he was blazed and the first thing that came to his head was "Attack Goose!". When we would let it wander around the front yard it would chase my neighbors dogs when it had gotten bigger

geese are fucking evil -.- the common thought of people is they're nice and gentle... but damn.. those fuckers are mean.

Storm Crow
07-01-2007, 03:22 PM
I used to keep some geese. And yes, they are mean! Here's how to handle them- slap them! As they try to peck you, just hit their heads (half way between just pushing their head aside and an actual slap). You have to hit them hard enough that their body turns slightly away from you. After two or three times, they usually give up and waddle away. You do have to be fast as you do it. If you hesitate, you will get pecked.

They are attempting to display dominance, and you just have to be more dominant- they'd act like that to another goose. My kids (9 and 13 at that time) could "bap" the geese, so I think you can manage it, too. I miss having geese and chickens. - Granny:hippy:

stinkyattic
07-02-2007, 04:06 PM
Granny, are geese scrappy enough that a few of them could run off a coyote? I hope to keep fowl when I move to a larger piece of land, and coyotes are a major problem for poultry keepers around here.
I have seen a goose used as a guard dog in front of a bait shop in upstate NY. The owner usually just hung out at the gas station next door, and his goose kept random people from wandering in when he wasn't there.

blazed_babe
07-02-2007, 04:40 PM
birds are some scary shit!!! i have a phobia of birds....a huuuuuuuuge phobia of birds. i can't be around them, they scare me soooooooo badly. i have always been scared of birds, but i didnt realize how bad it was until i was in nyc one time and there were many pigeons around and i freaked the fuck out and ever since then, i have trouble even being around birds

my parents live on a lake, and every morning between 3 and 5 am, we have a bunch of geese from the lake that gather under a tree in our backyard, and they honk and make a ton of damn noise...my parents bedroom is on that side of the house, and it always pisses them off

Storm Crow
07-03-2007, 10:05 PM
I've seen a goose chase a pit bull, but I've also have seen a goose taken out by a dog. I imagine a full grown coyote could take out a goose. A swan might take out a coyote, though. They can hit hard enough with their wings to break a person's leg! Swans are basically big, meaner, geese.

In the non-avian sector, llama's have been known to stomp coyotes to death. Some sheep herders now keep a few llamas with their sheep. The llamas are quite protective of the sheep (they think the sheep are baby llamas?) - Granny:hippy:

Hilder420
07-18-2007, 03:44 PM
we made the mistake of goin to galveston, we stopped by the popeyes and bought beer. we smoked out the car, and headed out to the beach, we got our shit out and opened a beer, and broke out the food, not 10 min later theres the penguin looking birds only they were flying against the air current so they kind of hovered bobbing slightly up n down we were so high we thought it was our imagination. we're yelling, and throwing ice chips @ em which they started to catch. anyway, there was like 5 of em surrounding us, we threw a piece of chicken a few feet away and while they gough for it we ran to the car cuz they started to follow us. damn little cannibals killed my buzz man