PDA

View Full Version : OK..WHERE R ALL THE NO. CA. HIKER'S??

mamma puffpuff420
03-23-2007, 05:59 AM
i live in no. ca.
it's so beautiful up here
it would b nice 2 here from other stoner's that live up here
or come up here 4 the hikeing camping etc.

some friend's and i went looking 4 arrowhead's last weekend
just below mt. lassen
found alot of cool thing's
i have a friend that is an expert in indian stuff
and we're going again this weekend
everything is turning green
and friendowl, the weather up here has not been rite either
not near enough rain
bad!!!!

deftdrummer
03-23-2007, 06:32 AM
nor cal here.

mamma puffpuff420
03-24-2007, 08:25 AM
drummer,do u hike or do any oudoor stuff up here??

Humboldt215
03-26-2007, 12:52 AM
Mt. Lassen, Burney, Whiskeytown Lake, Shasta Lake, Redding (ugh).....

stoney greetings from the coast!

deftdrummer
03-26-2007, 01:13 AM
Yeah I go above inskip (paradise / magalia area) and go 4x4 off road wheeling. Sometimes I go in the snow. Just went the other day actually. If you don't know where that is it is about 20 miles north of the city of Paradise into the hills.

mamma puffpuff420
03-27-2007, 08:41 AM
yah i no that area
paradice is so pretty this time of year
went went above magalia camping a couple time's
kinda make's me feel like im going back in time when i go aroundthat area

mamma puffpuff420
03-27-2007, 08:48 AM
Mt. Lassen, Burney, Whiskeytown Lake, Shasta Lake, Redding (ugh).....

stoney greetings from the coast!

i absoutly love humbolt co.
i want 2 go and spend a whole year there
eureka would b ok
i want 2 to a grow there mayb next year
id go and sit at the the jetty there bout 6 or 7 mile's so. outta loita
and get stoned while watching the wave's

oh and greeting's from shingletown

deftdrummer
03-27-2007, 08:51 AM
ya, check out this view from the other day!

mamma puffpuff420
03-28-2007, 04:24 AM
that is just totally fucking awsume

geonagual
04-29-2007, 08:27 AM
I am going up to the Kern River this summer:)

halfassedjediknight
04-29-2007, 05:14 PM
i live in southern ca but i wish i lived north. its way prettier up there.

yoda
05-07-2007, 04:49 PM
ill be hiking in northern cal in about a month(a little under).....any advice?

Fengzi
05-07-2007, 05:25 PM
Hey Mamapuff, what do you consider Norther Cal? I'm in the SF Bay area and we always considered this to be Northern Cal, but that's mainly because we don't want to be considered Southern Cal ;) I'm sure folks up in Humbolt would disagree with our viewpoint though.

Anyhow, I love to hike and be outdoors. Over the years I've done a shitload of hiking, backpacking, mountaineering, etc. I even worked my way through college teaching rockclimbing and working in a backpacking/mountaineering store. There were a number of years, when I was younger, where I literally spent more nights in my sleeping bag than in my bed.

Unfortunately, with my current job and family I don't get out as much as I used to. Certainly not for the extended trips :( But I do try to get out locally as much as possible. I'm in the very southernmost end of the Silicon Valley and have hundreds of miles of hiking trails within a mile or so east, west, and south of my house. The pic is of me (and my little sweetie) hiking about a mile away from home.

Anyhow, if your ever down this way give me a shout. I'd love to go hiking with you. Or anyone on from this site.

yoda
05-07-2007, 06:16 PM
hey, im going to be camping in norther cal in a little under a month. dont remember which part, but its wilderness. i got new hiking boots which I've started to break in, and a steel frame backpack. i've been on the east coast for practically my entire life, so the higher elevation(11,000 ft high is what we'll be at). should i get a newer backpack or will i be fine with what i have.

Fengzi
05-07-2007, 06:52 PM
11,000 ft?? Hmmm..Most likely you'll be somewhere in the Sierras so you're in for a treat. Simply incredible country. You'll definitely feel the elevation the first day or two but you'll soon adjust. Just plan accordingly and don't plan on accomplishing too much the first day or so. I always used to laugh at the folks who go up planning on hiking 10-15 miles, with a couple thousand feet of elevation gain, the first day and then only make it a few miles.

As for your backpack, it all depends on what you'll be doing. Are you just doing day hikes from a basecamp? Are you going to be sticking to the trails and not going off trail? If you're actually backpacking, moving to a different location every day, is your current pack large enough? Remember, it's going to be a lot colder at 11K feet than what you're used to. I've been snowed on in the Sierras in July. That means you'll need more space for warmer clothes, etc. In any case, as long as you can fit everything into your current pack, and you're not doing any extensive off-trail hiking or mountaineering, I would suspect it should be fine.

Try to find out exactly where you'll be going. I've been all over the Sierras and might be able to give you a tip or two.

yoda
05-29-2007, 05:08 PM
trip has changed a bit, going to yosemeti

ipodguy
06-20-2007, 05:53 AM
im probably gonna start hiking more next year
ill be in santa cruz and they have a lot more trails then san jose

yoda
06-20-2007, 04:21 PM
im probably gonna start hiking more next year
ill be in santa cruz and they have a lot more trails then san jose

thats southern cal