PDA

View Full Version : help me i got new broadband and its fooked me up

chisme
03-22-2007, 07:11 PM
ok so i just got a new 8mb broadband, and since plugging it in all my bittorrent stuff of bitcomet has slowed down instead of goin up and i mean sloooo like never above 35kbps ,

also if im using internet explorer to look at the net it works fine and downloads download real fast, but if i turn the bitcomet or limewire or anything the web slows RIGHT down to nearly not working,

i knwo i do not have any virus's, spyware, malware, adware or anythign as i have scanned many diffrent programs and turned nothing up

i think its got something to do with the port forwarding?

EmoRebellion
03-22-2007, 07:13 PM
Are you behind a router? You need to make sure all of your ports are forwarded correctly. Go into your router config and click on virtual servers, or something to that nature.

chisme
03-22-2007, 07:16 PM
Are you behind a router? You need to make sure all of your ports are forwarded correctly. Go into your router config and click on virtual servers, or something to that nature.

router? i dunno about that i have a adsl microfilter pluged into the phone line,?

EmoRebellion
03-22-2007, 07:19 PM
No, thats not it. What is your computer plugged in to? Is it just a cable modem, or does it have a bunch of network ports on it?

chisme
03-22-2007, 07:32 PM
ita a modem it has ports so i can sue either a usb or a ethernet cable i am using the usb this goes like this

laptop->modem->phone line

meloncoly
03-22-2007, 07:43 PM
do a speedtest - thinkbroadband :: Broadband Speed Test (http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html)

torrents and p2p programs are not a good measure of speed.

if it's still low then complain to your isp.

thcbongman
03-22-2007, 07:54 PM
Sounds like you are sharing too many files and it's clogging your network. Limit your upload speed to 50K at most.

EmoRebellion
03-22-2007, 08:30 PM
I think you just have a firewall blocking some ports.

slipknotpsycho
03-23-2007, 12:10 AM
my surfing always slows down when using a p2p or a torrent... i don't think there's a way around it?

babystarbud
03-23-2007, 08:17 AM
same here, azureus seems to hog all the bandwith even if its only downloading at 5 kbs which is annoying

would think there would be a way to optimize it by now grrrr

babystarbud
03-23-2007, 08:25 AM
you could change which ports your p2p uses but it wont affect your surfing speed, just your p2p speed i think

ive just resigned myself to turning it off if i need to surf

babystarbud
03-27-2007, 07:40 PM
you should use the ethernet rather than USB if you can, also changing the port number of your p2p might help as certain ports are restricted by your ISP.

but it wont help your surfing speed, just your torent speeds.

thcbongman
03-27-2007, 07:59 PM
You have to remove the torrent from being shared. If you have like 20 them being shared, there are too many requests being made and it bogs down the network.

weedmaster
03-28-2007, 05:46 AM
i wish i knew what you were all talking about,i'm a computer dumbass:D hope you get it sorted chisme,i,m sure you will with so many cool people helping you:thumbsup:

slipknotpsycho
03-28-2007, 07:15 AM
SpeedGuide.net :: TCP Optimizer / Downloads (http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php)