PDA

View Full Version : Martial arts

dannyboy420
03-16-2007, 04:39 PM
Anyone into martial arts. Its seems a contradiction, but it seems a lot of people do both.

Personally, I'm a reformed ITF TKD guy who has found Muay Thai.

Anyone else?

divestoned
03-16-2007, 04:42 PM
I do a lil TKD :) red/black belt atm 5 month's till black yay.

Dive:stoned:

thecreator
03-16-2007, 05:39 PM
I do Tai Ci Chuan (Tai Chi), and Qigong but I've been doing that for about a year and i love it. I did TKD a while back but Tai Chi to me is more of a meditation type thing so i usually do it while high. Anyway nice question i think this is the first martial arts posts I've ever seen.

4gan2ja0
03-16-2007, 05:46 PM
im an itf tkd-er, black belt. im actually going to calgary next week to compete for the nationals. if i win there then im going to england in august for worlds:D

dannyboy420
03-16-2007, 08:22 PM
Hey, nice to meet an ITF guy. As far as TKD goes, it definitely is the best.

I may have changed over to MT, but I've got nothing but respect for ITF TKD. It's a strong martial art in my opinion (ITF, that is. WTF is just silly ;)).

Good luck with your competition!!!

CanaDanKs Inc.
03-27-2007, 10:04 PM
Aye started with Hapkido when I was a kid, then some Judo then I took a break.

I took some Capoeira lessons a few years later and I am now into Muay Thai as well (It's been 6 years now). Planning on finding a Ninjitsu dojo sometime soon and I've always loved playing around with swords and knives! :jointsmile:

CanaDanKs Inc.
03-27-2007, 10:28 PM
Oh and dannyboy, do they include Muay Boran and Krabi Krabong trainings as well?

My instructor teaches both, but I haven't looked into KK too much yet

4gan2ja0
03-27-2007, 11:42 PM
yeah so i just got back from the nationals last night.... bronze in sparring:D! so that means i qualified to go to england for the worlds in august:thumbsup:

Xhoshi
03-28-2007, 12:04 AM
I'm black belt in Taekwondo and Hapkido and I trained at a Muay Thai Gym.
I wanna find a good Jeet Kun Do place in LA tho...
I have a sparring tournament next month as well.

dannyboy420
04-06-2007, 03:59 PM
Congrats!!!

Any pics online somewhere?

yeah so i just got back from the nationals last night.... bronze in sparring:D! so that means i qualified to go to england for the worlds in august:thumbsup: